Inspired by my Muse!

Hi, new to this, started my shop August last year (2018) I love creating as i have time being less mobile.  I love creating my boards and seeing the end result, having this shop keeps my mind active and given me a spark in my life, but my creations cannot come without my 'Muse' theres going to be a lot of changes in the UK in the next couple months ('B') but society is not going to get between me and my creations.  Is anyone else looking forward to new/different things for 2019 have you been inspired by your Muse?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Inspired by my Muse!

Hi there,

I'm pretty excited about 2019 and all it promises too......

I am a biologist/biochemist by profession, but a handmade designer at heart. While I love science, I also love creating things. My happy median? Innate Expressions™...... where you will find creations from my heart.....

I opened up my shop years ago as a hobby, but I never seriously pursued my passion, and therefore let it sit for way too long. This year 2019, its going to be different as I have grabbed my passion 'by the neck' once again.....

This year, I work to convert my hobby into a business, an investment, if you will. After all, 'it' doesn't feel like work if 'it' is truly your passion, does it?

All the best for 2019.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey Fellow Biologist! I am in the same field as you and my hobby is knitting/crocheting! My favourite scientist is E.O Wilson, who's yours?

I'm would love to collab and share ideas to see how we can help each other grow =)

1 Like

Hey there 'the madknatter',

Nice to 'meet' you! Yes, I would love to collaborate and share ideas as well. Do convo me :)

And oh, my favorite scientist is Louis Pasteur :) :) :)

Cheers,

Emma

0 Likes

Innate Expressions good on you, you find the years go real quick now and once its gone its gone, so if you really have the hidden passion bring it out sometimes you have to zero out of you 9-5 job!  Keep your passion alive never put off what you can do 2019 make it your reborn year, Good Luck, go for it IE.

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes, I totally agree with you! Thank you so much and best of luck to you as well DsmArtsUK! :)

0 Likes

I let my Etsy shop go inactive for several years to take care of a family situation.  I am back and chomping at the bit to get started again.  I missed a lot while I was gone but I am slowly catching up through the teams and forums.  My muse is back!  I'm glad that yours is doing their job as well.

1 Like

FlowerMound i hope 2019 is a good year for you, cheers and all the best!

0 Likes

Yes, yes, yes, way to go FlowerMoundEscape. Let's do this! It's a new year 👏😊

0 Likes

We can do this!  Best of luck to both of you!

0 Likes
NonesuchWay
Inspiration Seeker

Hi all!  I found my creativity late in life and have been working at it for about a year but more consistently over the last several months.  For me 2019 has already become a year of metamorphosis as I grow into my artistic skin.  I'm so happy to be here with other creative inspirational people like yourselves!  Looking forward to learning as much as I can while building relationships along with my business.  :)

3 Likes

The feeling is mutual 'NonesuchWay' :)

Cheers to 2019!

1 Like

Hi everyone. I'm a registered architect in New York and I've always had a passion for designing and making products. I've always admired people like all of you who turn your ideas into real items that you can give as gifts to others and share with the world. After passing 7 very difficult exams to become a licensed architect in 2016, I found myself with time on my hands after my days in the architecture office and decided to find a hobby that would get me away from a computer screen in the evenings.

So, I decided to focus on my leatherworking hobby and eventually filled my house with leather goods. Fast forward 3 years and I find myself here on Etsy sharing my love of leather crafts with the world. I recently launched my Etsy shop (February 2019) and I'm excited to be part of this community.

I'm new at all of the selling and marketing side of things, but I'm looking forward to learning and making some friends here on Etsy! Feel free to reach out to me with any advice you might have for my shop here on Etsy.

1 Like

First of all congratulations @MarsLeatherCompany and secondly, wow! I really like the feel/vibe of your shop. I would love to learn a few tips from you regarding leatherworking :) Regarding suggestions, I have learned the hard way that the more inventory you have, the more favorable it seems to be for visibility. I am working on stocking up my shop. Maybe you just want to keep populating your shop with more of your excellent pieces. I have a feeling you will be bursting at the seams with sales very soon.

All the best.

Emma @InnateExpressions

1 Like

Everything Organic Everything Homemade. Rare & Medicinal Plants Sold Cheap. Follow The Shaman. Oils Extracts Live plants Dry Herb and Much More Wiccan & Vintage Items. Follow Me On Facebook to get updates on the shops & Enter the free giveaways. Send Me a Message right after your follow for more info thank u. I'm Listening 1 Plant from every website I hope U injoy Wild Lettuce Opium Lettuce 

Health Benefits of Wild Lettuce Wild lettuce is a natural remedy sourced from the Lactuca virosa plant. Extracts of the plant's sap, seeds, and leaves are typically used in wild lettuce products. Touted as a natural treatment for a wide range of health problems, wild lettuce is said to lower stress and relieve pain. Uses When used in alternative medicine, wild lettuce is said to be an herbal remedy for the following health conditions: Asthma Atherosclerosis Cough Insomnia Joint pain Menstrual pain Wild lettuce also is used to stimulate circulation. And, when applied directly to the skin, oil extracted from the seeds of wild lettuce is thought to offer sanitizing benefits. 

www.facebook.com/shamanicprophet

Wild Lettuce Extract 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/601908221/5-gram-wild-lettuce-resin-with?ref=shop_home_active_6&frs=1

Wild Lettuce Seeds 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/608097801/500-seeds-wild-lettuce-lactuca-virosa?ref=shop_home_active_1&...

0 Likes

Thank you, @InnateExpressions for the advice - I'll eventually add more products to the shop as I make them. I'm excited to say that I just made my first sale in less than a week of starting my Etsy shop! I hope it continues from here on as well.

I checked out your shop and I love the leather bracelets. That's an area of leatherworking that I haven't explored yet. I'll have to find a great place to get the accessories and attachments. Let's keep in touch. I'm sure we'll learn a lot together :)

1 Like

Way to go @MarsLeatherCompany. I'm not surprised about your first sale. I really like your creations and I will definitely be a customer. Thank you so much for the compliment on my bracelets. I would be happy to share and exchange a few tips. Cheers! :)

1 Like

Congratulations Mars!  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.