Former_Member
Not applicable

Use Own Laser or Send Out For Cutting

I currently send out to a cutting service for my designs (mostly Ponoko or Pololu). What do other people do? I don't imagine I'll be able to get my hands on my own cutter, but I would love a service with a faster turn around, and better drop shipping.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Use Own Laser or Send Out For Cutting

Well, ideally use one that belongs to a friend of mine who would not charge me for services :) But I am going to buy one someday!
0 Likes
BaloolahB
Inspiration Seeker

Just lost access to the laser at work, my boss decided it was one more way of kicking me:( have to spend the day finding a laser I can use, or goodbye baloolahbunting. Oh bu*@#?!^€
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am a recent graduate of the Savannah College of Art & Design in Savannah Ga, USA. At my school we have 2 laser cutters, that I am obsessed with. I have LOTS of work employing its use.
For example:
Ganesh, Ganesha, Elephant God Wood Art, Fine Art or Stamp/Stencil
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96363226/ganesh-ganesha-elephant-god-wood-art

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I go to school at Art Center College Of Design here in Psadena Cali.studying product design with a spacial minor. We got 6 laser cutters and they are always full:) they do charge though so that really upped my cost....
0 Likes
BaloolahB
Inspiration Seeker

Just found a fab bloke who now cuts my bunting for me....just as I thought I would have to close!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey guys, I'm new to the group. I've had my very own laser cutter for about a year now, an Epilog Helix. I have so many files on my computer that I'm working on tweaking, which will eventually get cut and photographed and added to my shop. Take a lot of time, and I have my hands full with 3 daughters, so I do what I can, when I can! I love some of the pieces you all are creating!!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.