watercolor painting vs digital watercolor painting

Dear fellow watercolorists, Are you aware that when you type "watercolor landscapes paintings" or "custom watercolor landscapes" what shows up in the first page or so it's all about digital painting. Their titles are watercolor paintings or watercolor paintings from photo or digital watercolor. The difference between a handmade, on paper, watercolor is obvious to us but not so much to the viewers. The viewers see the price (of course it's cheaper) and get the digital watercolor not knowing that there are no physical material watercolor there. Many customers write messages to me asking if I do digital or real watercolor. I am thinking of writing "not digital" in my title to compete with the digital invasion on Etsy. What are you thoughts on that?

https://www.Etsy.com/shop/artforheartcreations

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
2 Replies

Re: watercolor painting vs digital watercolor painting

I label my paintings 'Title' an original watercolor.

0 Likes
CynthiaBsaibes
Inspiration Seeker

Re: watercolor painting vs digital watercolor painting

I see that digital prints show up and overwhelm a search.  When I list and search for paintings, I always type "original".  However, this isn't enough because digital prints show up.  I like your idea of typing "not digital."  Thanks for the great idea. 

Cynthia 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.