Former_Member
...but am reluctant to do so. I usually only make for 13 and above. I know from a materials stand point sterling is ok and I can substitute natural stones instead of swarovski BUT come on the choking hazard!!!

I see people make these but I really thought they were not allowed. If there is someway I can make this please help me out and tell me how because it is to match a mother's bracelet and I don't want to say no if I don't have to.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: asked to make a name bracelet for a 19 month old...

I made a bracelet for a 1 year old baby, a family member, her mom asked me to make one for her birthday so I used tiny pale pink freshwater pearls and spelled her name in silver letters, I used a lobster claw clasp and extender chain so it was adjustable. She only wore it for her party then it was removed.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I would pass on this one also, it just wouldn't be worth it.
0 Likes

I wouldn't risk it. Besides you'll be wondering "what if"
0 Likes

Had same problem arise at a craft show. Politely told Mom no way, wasn't safe for child. Mom left my booth, went to promoter and complained! Promoter jumped all over me about "customer relations"! Told him that I'd make the item if he would sign a sheet that held him responsible if anything happened to the child. Boy, did he back off quick!!

Unfortunately, I was turned down the next year when I applied again for the show.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Send an email disclaimer with electronic sig stating that it is intended as a keepsake and not for the infant to wear.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I too wore jewelry when I was young, but times have changed.

My SIL was given a name bracelet when my niece's name on it when she was a baby, and a matching baby bracelet. However, I don't believe that my niece ever wore the bracelet, it was more of a keepsake for when she grows up.

That said, I do make jewelry for my nieces (the youngest is 5), but I always check with their parents to let them know what I have planned before giving it to them. Although I do make it so that it can be worn by the girls, it is usually only for special occasions.

I would definitely be very hesitant of making baby jewelry for a child that I did not know.

Good Luck to you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Maybe you could make it with the disclaimer that you're intending it just to be a keepsake, not for the child to actually wear?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I say make it. Beads are small and will be crapped out promptly :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The bracelet was not made...this is an old thread...problem solved... no need to discuss LOL
0 Likes

Please don't discuss specific transactions on the public Forums. If you're looking for advice, you may want to privately contact another knowledgeable member of the Etsy community whom you trust for that advice.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.