am I doing this right?

Just want to make sure I am doing this all correct..... so I embroider/applique on children's items primarily. I also sell a small amount of headbands/hairbows and embellished leg warmers. So in my situation I should:

1. Register as small batch manufacturer

2. Get labels that have my business info/date manufactured/where manufactured/RN # (I would add these in addition to the care labels already on the items from the original manufacturer?)

3. Do not need to test or necessarily get testing info from original manufacturer of clothing, or fabric, because they would be exempt materials?

4. Keep track of what I am using to make each thing so that in the event I was questioned about it I would know what was used in the making of the item

5. Do not need to make GCC's because I am using exempt items (with the exception of onesies, which Carter's will not give me a GCC but their products are compliant)

Is that right?? In a nutshell, register for small batch, attach labels, and keep track of materials used on each item?? I have had such a hard time finding info embroidery specific and I dont know what the headbands/hairbows would require

Thanks for any help!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: am I doing this right?

I think I meant CPC instead of GCC
0 Likes

You got it pretty much. You really don't need an RN#. It would take up just another line on your label. Using the company name is much better branding.

If you are registered, you can use whatever statements of compliance from Carter's you can get, even statements from their website. Since you are just using their blanks. Don't remove their labeling, just attach yours over the top.

Headbands, hairbows depend on what you are using to make them. .
0 Likes

ok great, thank you! I'm pretty certain my headbands are exempt materials but I will be double checking. Phew! finally feel like I have a handle on this :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.