Former_Member
Not applicable

Waxman amendment dropped?

http://learningresourcesinc.blogspot.com/2009/12/cpsia-waxman-language-dropped-from.html

I haven't been following all of this enough...does anyone know what this means?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Waxman amendment dropped?

I dropped out of making kid's pinafores & doll clothes when this CPSIA thing emerged. Since this was not my main line, I dropped them & when the last is sold, that's it.
It's so hard to make any sense of what these bills REALLY mean! Try following the Health Care fiasco Bill! That's the one I'm watching! Try reading, what you can find, on that!
Helene
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Actually, that's where my attention has been focused too...what a mess.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Now I am confused. I am new to Etsy and the main thing I enjoy making is knitted, crocheted, and sewn baby clothes. as I read the info on CPSIA it appears to be regarding lead but The Humble Seamstress says she is dropping her line of kids pinafores and doll clothes. where is the lead in those? and do I have to worry about my line of items?
0 Likes
MerryBeeArt
Registered Buyer

It's not the fabric or yarn. Those things are exempt. It's the buttons, snaps, etc. that are subject to the testing. If you use all exempted materials, then you only have to worry about the labeling. There's several threads on here about that.

There's also phthalate testing on plastic materials.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hmm... gotta love confusing legislation. I just hope government grows to a point where they have the power to word everything this wonderfully. Oh man... and then they legislate against SMALL PRINT!!! Sorry, went off a little there.
Happy Thursday!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Does anyone know how this will effect CPSIA and testing? Any clues from CPSC and Congress if the exemptions list will stand after Feb 10?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm totally confused at this point and don't know what's going on. Rick has a new post this morning http://learningresourcesinc.blogspot.com/

I'm officially lost.
0 Likes

It's getting weirder and weirder. Do these people actually understand what they are writing? And the confusion is only going to drive small business further into the ground.

What scares me to death is that Waxman is over in Copenhagen with Nancy P. talking about the "climate" bills they are going to pass, and Hilary has announced we "meaning you and me", will be paying 100 Billion a year by 2020 to undeveloped countries because they are suffering from "our" pollution.

Waxman couldn't even write the CPSIA with any clarity or concern and knowledge of how business operates, think how cap and trade will affect us all.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I feel like I'm living in Bizzaro World most of the time now.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.