Former_Member
Not applicable

Stay nixed

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Stay nixed

thanks for posting - this is a retailer's nightmare as well as a crafter's nightmare! I am going nuts with both my B&M and the kid's stuff I wanted to put out there for my shop *rolls eyes*
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thanks for posting - this is a retailer's nightmare as well as a crafter's nightmare! I am going nuts with both my B&M and the kid's stuff I wanted to put out there for my shop *rolls eyes*
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

oops - sorry - computer trouble tonight *rolls eyes*again*
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The article doesn't say anything about the stay, or about it being nixed. Doesn't mention the stay at all.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Is there a statement from the CPSC about the stay being lifted? The article linked in the OP says it was thrown out but the CPSC statement linked in the article states it's in force.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

From the article:
"While retailers are banned from selling the products, federal officials are giving importers and manufacturers a 12-month break on enforcement, for testing and certifying the products they send to retailers."
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

From the article:

"Toy retailers started pulling toys from their shelves last week after a federal judge nixed a 12-month delay on some of the toughest toy regulations in years."

From the CPSC document linked in the article:

"As announced on January 30, 2009, the Commission approved a one year stay of enforcement for certain testing and certification requirements for manufacturers and importers. Significant to makers of children’s products, the ‘stay’ provides limited relief from the testing and certification for total lead content limits, phthalates limits for certain products and mandatory toy standards. Manufacturers and importers – large and small – of children’s products will not need to test or certify to these new requirements, but will still need to meet the lead and phthalates limits, mandatory toy standards and other requirements. Certification based on testing by an accredited laboratory is still required for painted children’s products and soon will be required for children’s metal jewelry, as well as certain other products for non-lead issues. "

:::sigh::: WHY do these things have to be so confusing????
0 Likes

I thought I had heard that the toy manufacturers were trying to get it so the law wouldn't be retroactive, and inventory prior to Feb 10 wouldn't have to be tested. And that was what the federal judge nixed. But maybe not?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The federal judge ruled that the ban on phthalates was to be retroactive. This is in opposition to the position CPSC General counsel took on the rule of phthalates being retroactive. The lead limits were ruled (by CPSC general counsel) to already be retroactive.

These issues are not related to the stay.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.