Former_Member
Yesterday was the annual Salmon Days in Issaquah, WA, a very large craft fair in the Seattle area. They have a big children's area with many booths selling toys, puppets, stuffed animals etc. Some of that stuff looks like it comes from China.

Not one CPSIA label in sight. I've been going to this fair for years, and I recognize the same booths year after year, so obviously there is no kind of label police at this fair.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: No labels at craft fair . . .

I saw someone post a question on where to find these laws. I'm new here and make dolls. I would find this very useful if someone could answer that question. I don't make many play dolls, but I'd hate to get in trouble for not knowing about a law!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

More importantly ......how was the fair? Did you do well? Were your expenses high? Was it attended well? The dirt, I want the real dirt.
0 Likes

I don't see craft shows being policed for the time being. It is astounding still how many people have not even heard of CPSIA yet. I have run into several people who were about to launch into selling children items online but when they learned of this, they changed their minds. Two were extraordinarily talented designers.

A loss.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just checked into a local craft fair at a high school. On their application they have this statement: "New for 2010: Crafers/Vendors must be in compliance with State of Texas and Federal laws regarding the sale of child friendly toys..." They go on to say that while they are not crafter police, they will obey the laws set down for booth rental.

Seems some organizers are getting the word on this...
0 Likes

HoldsIt:

You're absolutely right. There are some folks that take part in potlucks, and don't understand the potential dangers of food-bourne illness from home-cooked goods.
0 Likes

I am a crafer and there is nothing more that grinds me when I do a craft show after sendng in my photos and going thru being juried in-to see made in xxx stuff manufactured next to me or at the same show/
These are the people that should be asked to leave and loose their money.

One very nice show that we have done for yrs. is going down hill because now they are going to make one side crafts and one side flea market...
No dice we are opting out this yr.//////
DEE
0 Likes

dellcovespices
dellcovespices says:
HoldsIt:

You're absolutely right. There are some folks that take part in potlucks, and don't understand the potential dangers of food-bourne illness from home-cooked goods.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````

*gasping for breath from laughing out loud SO HARD*

Best irony I've heard in a looooooong time!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.