Former_Member
Not applicable

CPSIA - Not Closing Up Shop!

Initially I was scared by all the CPSIA stuff...but until it gets straightened out, I am not closing up shop. If one of a kind items is what I need to make until then, so be it! I will make the hem 3/4 inch instead of 1/2 inch! I'm not too worried, there are much bigger problems they are facing than a stay-at-home mom cranking out 10 items a month. I highly doubt they would waste the time or effort on such a low risk - thread and cotton!

I contacted Westminster Fibers today (Amy Butler Fabrics) and the tested one of their fabrics - came back ND (not detected) in all areas. Granted that is only one fabric out of hundreds, but it is good news.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: CPSIA - Not Closing Up Shop!

Yes, good news but as of now not any good for us. MM says they are leaf free as well and working on a form stating such.
0 Likes

Yes, but each end product will need to be tested individually (as I understand it) . . .
0 Likes

Ditto for me, froglegs! I manage to eke out a small living making 10-15 pieces monthly! AND most are OOAK's! Okay...think positive...Don't get overly panicked! Highly doubt vintage stuff will be affected!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.