Former_Member
Not applicable

Looking for help with my photos

Hello everyone!
I'm having a hard time editing my photos because on each device I see them on, they appear differently - I'm using a large iMac screen to edit the photos, and they seem bright and clear, but on other devices I have, some seem too bright, others too light, some a bit dark and a few kind of dull. Can you suggest the top five that need the most adjusting and how you think they should be fixed?

Does anyone have any perspective on how to optimize a photo so that it appears great on all screens?

Any help with this would be really appreciated!
Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Looking for help with my photos

Overall I think your photos look great and I love your items!

On the screen I'm using now, the yellow on the flower below seems a little bright:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/177577404/yellow-wool-felt-flower-boutonniere-with?ref=shop_home_active...

Also, it seems like the white balance on a couple are pictures is a little off, but I can't tell (based on the screen I'm using) if the background is supposed to be white or a light blue? That might help. You can change that on your camera or usually in the photo editing software.

Again, though, I think they overall look really good and your items are so fun and pretty!

Let me know if you need me to expand on anything, or have any other questions. I hope that helps! I too am working on my photos, so I know how time consuming and for me at least, somewhat frustrating to get it just right.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Laura,

Your photos are fantastic! Do you have an alpaca? It looks from your about page that you live in the city... is there an alpaca lurking around your studio somewhere?!?

Thanks for your advice... I'm in the process of switching the boutonniere backgrounds to the grey-blue suit jacket so the contrast isn't too overwhelming.

I started with blue backgrounds for most of the items (basically, I used an oversized paint chip (1.5 ft square) that I curl up against the seat cushion and back cushion of the sofa to eliminate edges) but I recently picked up a white one and a beige one too. For some reason the colours seem to come out the most accurate when I use the blue background. I find that puzzling.

Thanks for your support!

~Julie
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You're welcome and thank you! And I don't own them personally, but my mom has a small herd (four of them) and works for a farm that has over 100. She loves it! I'm lucky to be able to photograph them so easily; they are fun to be around. It would be very interesting to have one in my studio =)

The colors and blue background might have someone to do with the white balance depending on the light you have available.

That's good you have a couple more options to try as well as the blue!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.