Former_Member
Not applicable

turned down again

I'm ready for the critiques... why do you think I'm not making it in?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: turned down again

Heartsy has become very hard to get in. They have been adjusting their rules almost every day to be good for their own used and not for the sellers.
Except they don't tell you they have change the rules.

Some people will be turn away for no apparent reason. You just have to keep trying if that is what you want to do. I heard it took someone 3 times to get in. So they are making it harder now that they have a steady client.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I wouldn't let it bother you. I applied a few times not sure that I even wanted to do it. Mainly to test photos, test reponses to photos and items, etc. I think some buyers do search the items out on Etsy even if not selected.

0 Likes

I've been turned down many times and I have been featured twice, my third feature will be this Saturday.
Your shop and photos are great so I'm sure you would eventually get accepted. I have no idea how it works, but if its something you really want to do - just resubmit without taking it personally :)
0 Likes
sugarplusspice
Inspiration Seeker

I think you have a great shop! Definitely don't let it get you down. The people behind the Heartsy curtain seem to be very fickle- who knows why one shop is selected and another one rejected? The criteria on how they determine who makes it seems to be an ever changing mystery. I think that alot of it has to do with whether they have just featured or are going to feature other shops with similar items. Just keep submitting and I'm sure that you'll get selected one of these times!
0 Likes

Your photos are beautiful, so that is not the issue. Do you think maybe it's because their target market may not have kids/babies? I am wondering if that might be part of it. They have a demographic of a female, maybe single, etc. and maybe that is why. No worries, I've been rejected many, many times - after reading the threads and all the scammers out there, I'm ok with it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

perhaps you are right about the target market. They have had several people on there sell baby stuff - shoes, clothes, hair stuff - and it all sells really well. I just wondered if there is something I'm missing with my new shop that I'm not aware of that may be turning them away.? I think I have enough inventory, but not sure.. thanks
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm sorry you weren't accepted. This is the one thing I don't get about heartsy, why turn anyone down?

I'm new to this so it would be awesome to get someone to explain. I asked this in the other thread but no one replied.
0 Likes

Solesearch: I love your shop...you're shoes are so adorable...photos are great. I think it's a matter of timing with Heartsy. Someone mentioned that it may depend on what other shops are in the cue for features...this makes sense to me. Are you getting the original votes from membership and then the admins turn you down?
0 Likes

Your photographs are great. But the problem with baby stuff is that 50% of babies are boys... Maybe if you made some boy stuff and included those in your photographic submissions to heartsy then the mothers of boys would vote for you.

If anything, maybe boys' booties would be easier to make - instead of those flowers you could just sew on little plane, truck, or car appliques.

Personally I vote "absolutely not" for the baby submissions that have zero boys stuff, and I bet I'm not the only mom who thinks that way.
0 Likes

I've been turned down too, don't feel too bad =O) Just keep trying. I'm waiting to hear from them again.... I'm sure I'll get another NO but I'll just resubmit!
0 Likes
SaressaDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Goddess, I agree w/ you on the boy thing. I have 2 sons, a ton of nephews and now one niece. When my first son was born in 2007, I looked for boy stuff on here and it was pretty slim pickins. I for one, would've given many Etsians some sales for cute baby boy stuff. I considered at one point taking sewing classes so I could create a shop of boy only cuteness. :)
0 Likes

I have three boys as well:-) We moms like cute stuff for them too!:-)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.