Former_Member
Not applicable

Votes Low?

It seems like each time I submit my shop the number of votes I receive are getting lower and lower. Now I'm to the point of not having enough votes to even be considered, which is very discouraging. Is anyone else running into this problem? I've also noticed when I do vote it only let's me vote for maybe 15-20 submissions at a time. But I know there are so many more than that. So I'm wondering are people even seeing my submission?

I'd appriciate any thoughts on this because the whole process anymore is very discouraging.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
19 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Votes Low?

Hi NMD! I voted on your stars! they are lovely!

I have the same problem too... In fact I got not too much votes last time (only 70) so I think maybe was that. But there are many people complaining that they got almost 200 votes and are rejected.

I dont know what happens (if our shop is not adequate or if we need more billions votes). I personally think that I wont get it again since I only have 16 votes and it will ends pretty soon.

I think it is discouraging too...

Anyway, hope you can get it!

Best wishes
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have voted for both of your shops, but you know what? When I would just open up Heartsy and vote for deals, I never came across either of your shops (You both have distinctive looks, so I would remember.) It was only when I clicked specifically on your heartsy links that I voted for you. So it definitely makes me wonder what is going on with the voting procedure.
I haven't even submitted my shop yet...though I plan to. And it makes me think I will have a tough time of getting anywhere since there are obvious issues with the voting process.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

yes,,. this is true Beyond.. and thanks for voting.. we have this issues for voting.. and this is strange because it depends on votes to get the thing.
when I vote people I usually just vote and doesnt see the shop too it is automatic.. But sometimes I see..
but, since I saw this: http://laurenbeacham.com/blog/tag/heartsy/
I decided to do this.
If you decide to do this, just convo me that I'll vote for you
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

great blog post, erika. thanks for posting that link!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much ERICA for that information! I know HEARTSY would be a great opportunity for me if I could just get the votes to be featured. There's been so many times I've ended with about 70-80 votes and no feature but lately I'm lucky if I end with 30. Would you guys take that as a sign that maybe no one thinks my shop would be good for HEARTSY?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Me too NMD, the same! 70 votes.. and no feature! I think this time I'm trying again will be the same.. or worst!
Yes this is true, I just have 30 votes but it will finish soon!

I dont think so, I think your shop is nice to heartsy.. maybe it is because you need to promote more (at least, it is what I think on mine!). And yours is very neat! I think we need to keep trying and promote this on fb and etc!

Yourwelcome for the link for the blog! this is very useful, isnt it?!

0 Likes
SaressaDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

NMD, don't let the number of votes get to you. It's such a mystery. I'm up for my 2nd round next Fri/Sat and the voting process was weird this time. I had closer to 200 votes when I was rejected. The time I got accepted, I didn't even have 27 votes and about 4 hrs left. I went camping w/ family & friends. I came home to an email saying I had gotten 64 votes (no way did I get nearly 40 votes in 4 hrs) and this time I was accepted. I don't get it and haven't asked because I've just been so busy, but I am curious.
0 Likes

The first time I tried I got enough votes, but then nothing happened, then I tried again & I didn't get enough votes again! I don't know if I'll try again, It feels like it is getting more complicated.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

SARESSA that is so weird ... let's see the past 3 times now I haven't even had enough votes to be considered ... the time before that I had 74 votes and was rejected and the time before that I had 90 votes and was rejected ... but each time I try the votes get lower and lower ... I really don't know why I keep putting myself through it! But congrats to you SARESSA for making a feature! It must be really exciting :-)

STARGAZER I don't know what's going on but I do know more people are upset with the system then happy with it ... so maybe it's better that I stick with Crafty Attic (which I was accepted by them) and Quite Unique (Still waiting to hear back from them)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Owww Saressa! so maybe I can get this? I still dont have 60 votes and it will finish soon! Congrats to you!

NMD - this Quite unique I think is a good idea... I'll try one day too!
Crafty attic I didnt knew, I'll check it!

Stargazer - hope you get it one day, try the others sites similar to Heartsy! dont giveup!

0 Likes

Yes it is so strange, the amount of people voting keep getting lower on my daughter's submission too. I don't know if it's being seen.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm trying to get a deal on Heartsy too. I've got too much stock right now and I'd love to make some money for my wedding that is coming up. It does seem weird how the votes are. My votes are always very low, I think my pics are pretty good though. I've never got more than 30 votes and it seems like the numbers keep getting smaller every time I apply.
http://heartsy.me/shops/5817-hot-chick-physics/like
I wonder if people just don't like the voting process?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Pussycat! I voted on you! hope you vote on me too!
I'm having the same problem.. not too much votes.. I think I'll not get it... if not I'll try another thing and giveup Heartsy!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

NATHALIE AND PUSSYCAT first off I truly believe people are not happy with the voting system right now second off when I go to vote I get to vote on maybe 20 shops at a time and I know there are way more than that so I do believe we may not be seen by others!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just submitted my shop to Heartsy (again!) and The email I received now says that if you get at least 1 vote you will be considered as a feature artist.

I think they finally realized that when they changed the voting process it was hurting their submissions so have changed the requirements.

Good luck, Everyone!
0 Likes

Yes it is so strange, the amount of people voting keep getting lower on my daughter's submission too. I don't know if it's being seen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I so agree! Whatever changes they made are making it impossible to reach 60
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Firedup I think you are right, just read that at least one vote could be sufficient to get the deal. But, it depends on many things.. let's see. The votes for mine is finished and in the end I think I got 91 votes. I think this is not sufficient as we saw before... but, let's see, I will give you all news if I get or not the deal.
Hope we all get the deal.

Best wishes,

Erika
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree with everyone. I think they weren't getting as many 60+ vote submissions but they only have themselves to blame for changing everything when it worked just fine before. I think the last time I only ended with 50 votes which I know is not enough but we'll see. Maybe they're changing the way they look at submissions now too. I guess we can only hope :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

NMD - keep the faith - perhaps they HAVE changed up things at Heartsy.
My submission voting period ended this morning. And I figured it was a dud. I had 72 votes, but my percentages weren't pretty. Yet this evening I rec'd an email that I was accepted and they will be contacting me in the next couple weeks. I figured I needed at least 100votes or so...and I certainly thought my percentages should have looked better. But lo and behold, I made it through this first part. We'll see what happens from here...
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.