Former_Member
Not applicable

Heartsy and artfire

Does anyone have any experience running their feature through artfire? I think I'm going to do this. I can potentially save $40-$60 in re-listing and commission fees. That is huge!

Any experience is helpful. Thanks.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Heartsy and artfire

I've already been given the green light for another deal, and I'm doing it on Artfire.

I know The Beer Soap Co. has experience. I think they were the first Artfire feature. I made a purchase from them and I didn't have any problems.

Yes, Artfire is different from Etsy. But, from a seller's perspective...that means more $ in your pocket.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

From a buyers perspective - When I see a feature run on Artfire I do not buy, even if I like the product. The Artfire website feels clunky and is hard to navigate for me. I did buy a voucher from a shop featured on Artfire and the shop is now empty, no response from the seller, and not a pleasant experience at all. Not buying from Artfire shops from this point on because of this one bad experience. I know that is not fair to the other sellers but it is just the way I feel about AF.

Here is a link to a thread that has a few expressing their opinions on the same topic. http://www.etsy.com/teams/8380/heartsy-help/discuss/8702040/page/1/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't buy vouchers from Artfire stores or personal sites. Just Etsy :/ I'm picky like that.I.. guess lol
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm going to give it a go and see how well it works. It may be that I don't sell as many vouchers, but I'm not offering many. It may be that I sell as many and I don't pay any fees, who knows? I'll report back how it goes.

I purchased vouchers from artfire sites and had no problem at all? I wonder why?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I say go for it - not every heartsy buyer is an etsy shopper -
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

True, good point. I was sort of pleased with the how the shop turned out - they've revamped the appearance. Kind of nice.

http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/OohBabyDesigns

They also allow you to set up an account that takes credit cards. That is a definite bonus!
0 Likes

I would love to see some statistics on this.

Though personally, I probably wouldn't buy from an artfire deal either.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm also very interested to hear how this goes although when I come across an artfire feature on Heartsy, even if I like the shop, I do not buy. I've had a few bad experiences from artfire and I'm not a fan.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That's interesting. I'll let you know. I was able secure a free month, and my vouchers will also have a one month expiration - so a seller can essentially do this with zero fees. Crazy!

My Crafty attic deal will be through etsy, and my last heartsy deal was through etsy. It went fine, but I paid a lot of fees.

Plus I've had 3 sales in 3 days on artfire - not related to heartsy. I'm really anxious to see how it works out.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'll be interested to hear how your experience goes Love. I like both places for different reasons.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I said I would let you all know how it's going...

On my preview day (today) so far I've sold 6 vouchers. 2 have been redeemed for way over the voucher amount. The great thing about artfire is that it uses a coupon code to deduct the voucher amount from the order and then they just pay the difference using paypal.

3 of my purchased vouchers are repeat customers from Etsy. hopefully it will continue to go this well. I'll continue to report...thanks.
0 Likes

Your scarves are amazing and I'm a VIP so I can buy your deal, but I've never used artfire and am afraid to b/c of all the negative things I've read... plus ...having to register and all...They would make wonderful xmas presents and I really really really love them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm not sure why everyone is so upset by artfire - I guess individual experiences with particular sellers??

I've never had a problem, and the buyers seem fine with it?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have etsy, artfire and zibbet accounts. If I want it I will buy it regardless of the site. Especially if it is backed up by paypal.
Im so happy for you Stephanie!
0 Likes

Well I couldn't resist - I just had to buy my voucher and artfire was relatively easy afterall.
:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks rock star, and terra..

It's going well, I'm not going to sell out, but I've reached the voucher amount I reached last time around. I may get a few more - so I guess artfire didn't deter folks much. Most purchases have been over the amount and this time I won't pay the $50 in fees that I paid to etsy renewing and in commission. I will do another one, if I get voted in, on etsy next time, but it won't be until after the holidays. It's a lot of work and I've got a crafty attic and hopefully a thrifty seeker coming up this year.
I still can't get groupon to return my emails...sigh...
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.