Hi Team!

It seems to be that MANY people don't know, however, there IS in fact a LIMIT to which you can fave/refave/ and heart items on Etsy. If you are a heavy promoter, like most of us, you will eventually REACH this heart/fave limit at least once.

- If you are posting and hearting/faving items within a very short period of time (within 30-45 mins) you will reach a limit in which you can no longer fave items.

- I don't actually know the EXACT hearting limit - ROUGHLY: bigger shop can fave around 100-150 items in 45 mins, and the new, lesser stocked shop can fave 200+ items in 45 mins.

- If your shop has multiple pages of items, you will have a LOWER hearting limit than a shop with only a couple pages of items (ie: a new shop can fave roughly 200 - 300 items in an hour, a bigger shop with lots of pages can only fave roughly 100 - 150 items in an hour).

What to do if you reach that limit?
STOP promoting for at least an hour or two. Come back and begin faving/posting. Check your favorites list to make sure the items went through.

How to check if you've reached the limit?
Keep a tab open with your favorites list out. Refresh that tab EVERY time you have posted and faved in a thread. If you see the items you just faved on your favorites tab, you are not at the limit.
If the items are NOT showing on the list, you have reached your limit for that period of time.

Why is this helpful?
I occasionally check to make sure people are actually faving items in threads and not "promoting and running". However there have a few cases where it seems as if someone isn't faving but they are. What usually happens is if we dont see the items on your favorites list, its because you've reached the heart limit.

I'm hoping this thread will clarify any issues with people and faving items.
Sometimes it is NOT the case that people are not faving, but they have reached their limit and had no idea. This is basically a good way to clarify your faving and hearting on teams.
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.