cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Limits on Hearts ***

Hi Team!

It seems to be that MANY people don't know, however, there IS in fact a LIMIT to which you can fave/refave/ and heart items on Etsy. If you are a heavy promoter, like most of us, you will eventually REACH this heart/fave limit at least once.

- If you are posting and hearting/faving items within a very short period of time (within 30-45 mins) you will reach a limit in which you can no longer fave items.

- I don't actually know the EXACT hearting limit - ROUGHLY: bigger shop can fave around 100-150 items in 45 mins, and the new, lesser stocked shop can fave 200+ items in 45 mins.

- If your shop has multiple pages of items, you will have a LOWER hearting limit than a shop with only a couple pages of items (ie: a new shop can fave roughly 200 - 300 items in an hour, a bigger shop with lots of pages can only fave roughly 100 - 150 items in an hour).

What to do if you reach that limit?
STOP promoting for at least an hour or two. Come back and begin faving/posting. Check your favorites list to make sure the items went through.

How to check if you've reached the limit?
Keep a tab open with your favorites list out. Refresh that tab EVERY time you have posted and faved in a thread. If you see the items you just faved on your favorites tab, you are not at the limit.
If the items are NOT showing on the list, you have reached your limit for that period of time.

Why is this helpful?
I occasionally check to make sure people are actually faving items in threads and not "promoting and running". However there have a few cases where it seems as if someone isn't faving but they are. What usually happens is if we dont see the items on your favorites list, its because you've reached the heart limit.

I'm hoping this thread will clarify any issues with people and faving items.
Sometimes it is NOT the case that people are not faving, but they have reached their limit and had no idea. This is basically a good way to clarify your faving and hearting on teams.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
299 Replies

Re: *** Limits on Hearts ***

Your hearts re-load at the top of every hour, even if you run out at 1 minute till. I never heard of big shops getting less hearts. I was always told everyone gets 300 hearts per hour. Where did you get your information please? I have 5 pages of items and I have always had 300 hearts per hour.
0 Likes

Thank you. I didnt realise that there was a limit.
1 Like

This information is from the Etsy Discussion forum from an Admin - just be sure to double check your favorites and if they are adding them in you should be good to go!! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Another easy way to tell if hearts are "sticking":
Just refresh the page before leaving it and then check to see if they're still red.
Every shop, big or small, gets 300 hearts, every hour, per etsy.
0 Likes

Interesting! I had no idea that there was a limit! Thanks.
0 Likes
JewelryArtistry
Inspiration Seeker

it's something i simply don't understand. Why the limit? I'd like to know the rationale. If we have to delete to add more, why not make it easier & more time effective. For instance, let us delete a whole page, instead of 1 at a time. And why can we have unlimited favs & not unlimited follows? It's a pain in the butt, takes forever to do & doesn't make sense.

Just my 2 cents,
JoAnne
1 Like
PamsPawsJewelry
Conversation Maker

Hearts refresh every hour for example 2:00, 3:00, etc.

You all have 300 hearts per hour.

I don't understand any of all this personally with all the games and rules people don't know about.

Etsy should be a regular marketplace where people can be seen and sell things every day like a normal business! Etsy needs to advertise and fix things to make it better for the shops on here, after all we are paying customers!

Like, there should be an icon at top of page to go easily to your own shop! So important!

Hi everyone!
0 Likes

I have a question. I work full time, and my lunch hour is the only time I have to promote my shop - which has 831 items at this moment. I come home from work, and work some more in my shop.

I do not have the luxury of waiting an hour for hearts to reset and coming back.

If I see an item that I know I have just faved or refaved, I will refave it again on general principle, and then always<-- fav one more in its place.

For example, if I were to fave 10, and 4 were already hearted that day, I would heart the 10 in order, and then go 4 above the 10.

I think that is fair for the people who do not have time to visit the teams many times a day. Nothing is being taken away as a result.

Opinions?
1 Like

thanks for sharing this info
1 Like

UPDATED MAY 9, 2019 -- What a ridiculous practice it is to favor one another. You in-fact are ripping yourselves off.

How can you ever hope to know what real traffic is in your shop? How can you ever expect to see what people are actually faving.. for real.

LOL  It took a whole year to get rid of all that false and phoney favs to wash off of my shop. Now, I can see what is doing well... and more importantly........ when my shop or items gets a fav........... it's real -- not manufactured.

Nancy

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank You!
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of this one. I knew there was a max for the # you can follow.
1 Like

Vivs Custom Wreaths.etsy.com
1 Like

1 Like
JewelryArtistry
Inspiration Seeker

I've never heard from anyone who can explain why they put this limit in here. Makes absolutely no sense, since exposure is such a huge factor in our success. Come on Etsy, post a response that explains the rational for this! Also, the reason for the limit on the number of follows we're allowed. Seems like the "DUH" factor is rearing it's ugly head in this area.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

1 Like

Great info! Didn't know there was a restriction!
1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.