Treasury & Spam Question

Hey! I read somewhere that people who were sending convos to sellers to let them know they'd been featured in a treasury were getting suspended for spamming because of the large number of convos and links. I just made three treasuries but am a little afraid to start sending convos. Any feedback? Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Treasury & Spam Question

Yikes! Treasuries don't always appear on the activity feed. I've always convo'd people, and I make several treasuries a week. Now I'm spooked.
0 Likes

I did some more reading and I think it has to do with how quickly (and how many) you send. So I'll just remember to take my time sending the convos. :)
0 Likes

I am always happy to get convos regarding treasuries.
I think you are right though- it is to do with how many and how quickly they are sent.
Facebook is the same apparently. You cant post your link on other peoples profile too often even if people request it for promotion because they call it spamming. Wierd.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I always convo people that I feature in a treasury...so far I have had no problem...I will keep doing it until there is a problem.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've never had a problem sending out a big batch of convos to everyone in a treasury I've created. The most I've made in one day is two treasuries... 32 convos. And that's on top of my normal shop convos. :)
0 Likes

I sent out convos for all 3 treasuries I made last night. Now, granted, I featured some of the same people in more than one, but still, it was a lot of convos, and no problems.

Thanks, all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yep happened to me. And it took etsy about a month to reset my convos. I asked a similar question in the forums too. Etsy did mention to me to email them instead of using the convo. So I alked here if anyone knew if there was a way to email the shops...for example do we all have an email like "yourshopname@esty.com" or something similar.

Be careful how many convos you send...you might want to only send one set of convos a day...just to be on the safe side.

The bot got me after one treasury.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Perhaps for our team treasury game we can let the activity feed do the work for us? I am finding treasuries that feature me (that I didn't get a convo about) by typing my username in the search box in the treasury. :) Works great for me. I don't always need a convo.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I really like getting convo's if I'm featured in a treasury, so that's really too bad.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If you feature a shop that is not in your circle doe it show in its activity feed, or how do they know?

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

randomorder says:
If you feature a shop that is not in your circle doe it show in its activity feed, or how do they know?
---

Yes, even if they are not in your circle it will show. Although, Activity Feed does have some hiccups and sometimes misses things. And not everyone uses Activity Feed. I always send out convos, I've found I get a better response and the treasury is viewed more if I do.

I was just saying, for the people making 3+ treasuries a day (for our team treasury game) perhaps not sending a convo is fine... not worth the risk of having your convos disabled by the bot because it looks like spamming.
0 Likes

I don't send convos unless I have time to. With the new activity feed and the ability to search for yourself amongst the treasuries, I think people notice it more often than before.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

oh wow~ took a month to reset.. o.O;
thanks for the warning~ didn't realize this could happen
0 Likes

I've only made one treasury so far and I sent convos.
I guess because I like it when people notify me, and I try to convo them back to thank them because I always appreciate being included. Just seems a nice thing to do.
0 Likes

Ditto to JuneatNoon I'm on 3 teams and did my team night treasury and sent out all my links. I will say when I cut and paste and go fast I get the "UH OH " warning so I slowed down.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I try and convo everyone as I know that I appreciate a convo as I have so much in my activity feed that I don't always see things and have been in treasuries that simply don't show up for whatever reason. So I just do the convo's slowly and hold thumbs that I don't get booted by the bot
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.