Former_Member
Not applicable

Need some help.

If you sell an item from your shop in person for cash, is there a way to mark the item as sold or do you have to delete it?

Thanks,
Jenn
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Need some help.

anyone?
0 Likes

Most people just delete it. No other way to do it unless you have the customer sign up online to buy it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If you have more than one of it...?...deactivate it.
Then renew.
0 Likes

That is a good question, and you should not delete it. If sold by Etsy exposure you should complete the sale. This is to make sure you are operational inside of Etsy's TOS and not setting yourself up for fee avoidance.

I personally would ask the buyer to act as if they are checking out online--they can hit purchase, but just not pay via paypal. They have the option to check off the MONEY ORDER or CHECK tab which indicates they will be paying you other methods than Paypal.

Once the sale goes through, they can square up with you in cash. You then mark the item paid in your seller console and / or shipped.

You will still have that small fee owed to Etsy for selling fees, but now you have a sale in your shop and can get feedback. What's not to love?
0 Likes

If they are a local person that didn't find you on Etsy...yes, just delete the item.
0 Likes

I usually deactivate it...that way I have a picture record of what I have sold. It happens a lot when I do shows. I often deactivate what I am bringing to a show and then put back up what I didn't sell.

That having been said, I agree with RetroChalet's comment that if it was a sale because of Etsy, you should give them credit and it does add more Sold Items to your shop so everyone can see what you've sold. That can be worth the small fee. I often look through other seller's sold items.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.