Tagging Multiple Items with Same Tags At Same Time?

Morning, 
Is there some way that I can tag items with the same tags at the same time other than just tagging one item at a time? All of my items have the exact same keyword tags so I was looking for a shortcut other than having to do each 12 tags per item. Any advice? Thanks in advance, Lisa Marie, Ladybug Designs, LLC
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Tagging Multiple Items with Same Tags At Same Time?

Hi, I just tried something out that may work for you. You could copy one of your listings and just change the picture and description. That way you have all the same tags without having to individually putting them in. Hope that helps. 

2 Likes

Hello Lisa,

You can copy your listing.

0 Likes

Exactly what PreciousLilCrafts said :-) 

0 Likes

It's a very bad idea to have the exact same tags on a bunch of listings, as those listings will then be competing against each other in Search. You really should try to vary your tags as much as possible (while still keeping them relevant to your items) to maximise the number of search terms that will surface your listings when buyers search for items like yours.

For example, you might tag an item as "doll's pink dress" because that's what you made, but that dress won't be found if a buyer searches for "doll's party dress". You need to think of all the ways that someone might describe your item when you write the tags for that listing.

0 Likes

I agree that it is a bad idea.  But the real problem here is that  your titles do nothing to describe your item you are selling.  If your title is say Blue Hyacinth for example everybody and search too will think you are selling a flower.  Describe your item in the title.  We have many characters to achieve that so use them.  At least something like, "Fancy doll dress handmade with sparkle trim"  etc. etc.  But make them all different along with your tags.  Use E-rank in integrations and check your SEO.  It will give you ideas.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.