SereneScents19
Inspiration Seeker

New to Etsy

Hello , I am new to etsy about to open my store but i'm confuse on the shipping cost . If i sell an item for $7 do I have to add shipping to the item for example it will cost $ 12 with shipping included ? Does it work that way ? On the handling fee calculated by etsy that is where I add it or on the items price ? Thabk you 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: New to Etsy

Yes, if you want to offer ''free shipping'', you add the shipping amount to the item amount - $7 item + $5 shipping so that the total amount for that item is now $12.   As ThePurplePuppy already advised in the older OP, buyers know that free shipping means it's just been added into the total amount.  You're not required to offer it either. The handling fee addition is when you use Calculated shipping.  You may want to use shipping profiles instead or just entering the shipping amount manually until you get the hang of things.

These Help articles will help you figure out shipping:

Shipping Rates – Etsy Help

0 Likes
SereneScents19
Inspiration Seeker

Oh ok I understand , what do you mean by  shipping profiles is it where etsy calculates for you ? So I don't need to add nothing on the handling fee option ? Just price my item plus the shipping fee ? 

0 Likes

No, profiles and calculated shipping are two different things.  When setting up Calculated shipping, it has the option to add a handling fee.  If you use a profile, just add extra to the shipping amounts you're asking.  For example, $7 item + $5 shipping +$1 handling fee for a total of $13. If not offering free shipping, you'd put the $6 in the shipping box when using a profile or inputting manually.   I don't recommend using calculated shipping though until you understand the basics.

Scroll down to ''How do I create a shipping profile'' here:

How to Set Up Shipping Information for your Listings – Etsy Help

Use this calculator to get an idea about how much shipping $ you need to charge:

Etsy Shipping Calculator: Get Rates for Labels You Buy on Etsy

0 Likes
SereneScents19
Inspiration Seeker

Ok ok i have a better idea now , thank you so much for your help .

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.