Hi gang, this is a great thread to hang out in. Feel free to pop in whenever and strike up a conversation with whomever may be lurking.

Lots of wonderful people in here!

Re: Treat Yourself Group Discussion

I give up. What is GLC?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
teaman
Crafty Poster

Sorry Green Life Center. Basically another Etsy type selling platform. Very ground floor feel to it, but with zero results it isn't very enticing.

1 Like
teaman
Crafty Poster

Hi gang. I just spent a couple of days in the hospital after my thumb got infected. Off work for a little while now

1 Like

So sorry to hear that teaman. I hope you are feeling better. 

1 Like
teaman
Crafty Poster

I just went for my follow up and luckily he just trimmed exess skin from my wound area but he thinks it is beginning to heal. At least the infection is minimized at this point.

0 Likes
teaman
Crafty Poster

The skin on my thumb just keeps peeling off, not looking good to me at this point

1 Like

I hope it heels for you soon. Take care. 

0 Likes
teaman
Crafty Poster

Two more weeks in, and still can't return to work yet. Waiting for the skin to grow back over the wound now. At least the infection is gone. Just really tender now. I go back in Wednesday to see what the doctor tells me.

0 Likes

Tea, What happened to your thumb?

sorry to be MIA but forums just seem insignificant anymore. 

Kids getting ready to go back to school. Seems like it just started. My oldest goes to college on Friday. 

1 Like
teaman
Crafty Poster

Yeah Rosey, I poked my thumb while at work, and the cut got infected really bad. Two days spent in the hospital and everything. Looks like I go back next Wednesday and will see what they say then. At least the infection is gone now, but it was really bad for a while.

School starts on Monday for our kids to head back. Summer sure flew by this year.

0 Likes

Hi Rosey and teaman, Glad you are feeling better teaman. 

School doesn't start in our area until the last week in August. Is your daughter going to a local college or will she be going away and living in a dorm?

1 Like
teaman
Crafty Poster

Actually my daughter is going to be a junior in high school. My other nineteen year old is taking online classes while working fulltime.

0 Likes
teaman
Crafty Poster

Well, good news on my thumb, I am cleared to go back to work...wait, is that good news?....lol

0 Likes
teaman
Crafty Poster

Not sure how any US seller can remain loyal to Etsy at this point. How in the world can Etsy favor the first 48 listings in any search in the US based solely upon if the seller offers free shipping. Complete idiocy, and a disgusting way to treat their loyal sellers.

1 Like

I'm not caving in to offer free shipping either since shipping isn't free. Etsy's search is so messed up I don't believe anything they say anymore. I might have to branch out to another venue, not sure yet. People are talking about Baroqoo. I haven't tried it yet but their customer service is great. I did ask them a question and got an answer very quick unlike on this site. I just had a sale today for over $100 so until I don't have any sales I will remain but definitely looking elsewhere. 

1 Like

I don't know if you saw this in a thread but check it out if you didn't. 

https://www.officelovin.com/2017/02/13/tour-etsys-super-cool-brooklyn-headquarters/

1 Like

So hard to find these teams or whatever this way to communicate in teams. 

hope all is well with everyone. I’m ramping up for the holiday craft shows. I offer free shipping but still not getting sales or noticed. Oh well, when I do get sales All is good.

we lost our big dog last month to lymphoma. The other boxer is lost now without him

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your dog Rosey. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

I sell in spurts, not as good as before. I refuse to offer free shipping. I cannot do it in this shop with all the different weights and the variation listings would be a nightmare. They obviously didn’t think this plan through. It’s almost impossible for vintage shops. 

I’m missing the warmer weather already and not looking forward to the winter months.

0 Likes

hi everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great new year. Make sure you all are up to date on the new advertising that Etsy is doing. It is in the forums and questions and answer pages. You can find it in your shop too. 

1 Like

Hey Rosey, I’m not quite sure what I think about the new advertising. For this shop, I will be required to pay for the advertising. I don’t like Etsy telling me what I have to do. Hope you and your family are well.

Have you heard anything about Debbie? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.