Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome

Hi there,

Welcome to your team's own personal forum! This is your place to facilitate constructive communication within the team. It can serve as your team's main discussion hub, or a place where you post announcements every so often. You must follow the http://www.etsy.com/help/article/483#community_forums_chat_vl'>Etsy Forum guidelines when posting in the Teams Forum, and make sure that you are familiar with the http://www.etsy.com/help/article/483#community_teams'>Teams DO's and DON'Ts.

Even though teams are run by volunteer members of the community, all of Etsy's site policies still apply to team members and activities. However, Team Forums are moderated by the team leadership, not by Etsy Admin. Check out our http://www.etsy.com/help/article/340'>Forum Moderation Guide to learn how Team Forums should be governed.

Although you can chose whether a post is public (viewable by anyone logged in to Etsy) or private (visible only to team members), please consider the Team Forums as public spaces and remember to treat one another with respect.

Now it's time to start talking with your team!

Best,

Morgan and the Etsy Community

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
21 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Welcome

I just wanted to introduce myself. I's Krystee, founder and designer of Retrofitted clothing. If you guys are ever interested in doing the Fresh 52 farmers market at Tivoli Village in Summerlin or the one in Henderson off of the 215 and eastern, let me know. I can get you the number to the lady who runs the market.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey Krystee,

That's awesome! I go to the one on Eastern often!

Thanks so much for joining. :)

-Felicia
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the invitation Felicia...

I'm excited to be part of it!

Have a great night...Becca
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I would love to do the farmers market at tivoli village! What is required?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

For the farmers market, you need a business license, a banner, a commercial easy-up and whatever you need for your displays. I do believe it is $35 for your booth. If you would like, i can get you Carrie's number and she can give you all the details you need. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi all! This is such a great way to get to know us locals! I did not even know we had a farmers market intown.... is there a site for it? :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The farmer's market I go to is on Eastern, in the shopping center where BJ's and Red Mango is located! It's a fun little market. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Is it everyday?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Only Sundays.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Boo. I don't craft on Sundays.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Tivoli Village farmers market is saturdays and the one on eastern is on sundays only :(
1 Like

Glad to be part of etsy in Vegas. Thanks for the invite. I work nights so I haven't ever done a market. Been to First Fridays though as a customer. anyways I think this team will be helpful- it already is. I live near Tivoli but haven't been yet. Thanks again Felicia
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm Melissa from Crazy Daisy Designs and Crazy Daisy ROCKS on Etsy. I can't wait to start meeting you all and seeing what you make!
1 Like

Hello Everyone. My name is Shannon Ruther. I live in Summerlin and I am the owner/artist for HAS Jewels and HAS Art here on Etsy. My company specializes in handmade Handbags, Accessories, and Shirts (which is HAS Jewels), and I also do art and upcycled furniture(which is HAS Art). I am currently selling on Etsy, and as of Oct 2011, I sell my jewelry at First Friday at The Box Office as part of the Pop Up Jewelry Shop. And I also do live events from time to time. My line has been previously sold on consignment around Las Vegas and Boulder City in stores such as Vasari, Eclectica, Smoke Plus and The Box Office. It is nice to meet all of you and I am happy to join the team.

I am new to the etsy team thing and not really sure how the whole thing works or what I need to do, so any help is appreciated. I am also looking to network and possibly team up with anyone who would like to share a booth at any live events around town. I have a few contacts I've made as well throughout the last 3 yrs working downtown at First Fri and such, so please feel free to contact me if you need any help or have questions. I am very supportive of all the underground talent we have in Vegas and I think networking is the perfect way for us all to profit and/or get exposure for our work. So, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime! And thanks again for the invite! Best of luck to you all!

And if someone can give me the vendor info and/or contact person for the Farmers market, that would be awesome!
0 Likes

Hey Sin City crafters and sellers! I am Laura, I live in North Las Vegas with my hubby and cat. I was really happy to see this team and glad to help promote our great town and great people that live here. I have been here on Etsy for about a year and a half and I love selling my jewelry. It started as a hobby but after stockpiling a ton of jewelry well, I needed to do something with it! I cant wear it all myself as much as I want to. I wish you all many holiday sales and cant wait to make a treasury or two!
Can I make a suggestion? Can we have a thread with all our links listed so we can find each other on Facebook and twitter to promote each other that way as well?
Thanks guys!
Happy to be a part of the group!
Laura
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Shannon, give me a day or so and i will have the number for you for the lady that runs the farmers market. Welcome!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

ok, well my contact got to me sooner than expected. Here is the farmers market information..

www.fresh52.com or her cell is 481-6558... fyi....Tivolli is MUCH busier than the henderson market
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

PLEASE USE THIS PHONE NUMBER FOR THE FARMERS MARKET INSTEAD OF THE ONE LISTED ABOVE!!!
phone: 702.900.2552
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I joined Etsy about 2 years ago with the hope to open up my own shop too! During these last 2 years I've spent time looking, admiring, oohs & ahhs and likes. I've worked in retail mostly in my careers of choice. I was inspired to make my own jewelry back in 2006 when I got a seasonal job with Michaels Arts & Crafts. In 2008 I left Michaels, moved,got married & dabbled in other retail & hospitality jobs. I relocated back to Las Vegas & was rehired at the Michaels Centennial Las Vegas location where I work in the Jewelry Department & Instruct! 2012 will be busy & fun! I plan to launch my etsy account (once I re-read the rules & specifications), make jewelry samples for each month & u.s. holidays/celebrations, attend at least 2-4 craft fairs to sell my jewelry, start on my husbands xmas gift for 2012 (beading on canvas a recent craft that interests me, that I will learn along the way), take a class from an instructor at Ms & at a competitor (size up the competition), add local jewelry spots on my itenerary while on vacation, design & make a mega mixed media piece with all class techniques, rework my old jewelry to wear again, get my business (license & necessary documents) and submit designs to magazines! phew...it's going to be a busy 2012! Thank you for adding me to the local Las Vegas forum & Happy Holidays to all! B^)
0 Likes
creationsbylr
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for adding me to your team. I live in Summerlin and have considered doing the Farmer's market at Tivoli Village. I did not know that they required you to have a business license to sell there. I have been there on a Saturday and I wonder if there is enough volume of buyers to warrant the expenses involved. Have any of you sold there?
0 Likes
TheCraftWytch
Registered Buyer

Closed due to this being an old thread of discussions. ~Jules~
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.