Sewing Fleece with a Walking Foot

Morning,
Has anyone used a walking foot when sewing fleece?
I'm a bit new to all this - installed the foot, and instead of making life easier, it proceeded to squash my fleece (2 layers, plus uhaul pad), leave indents, and eventually jam up.
I believe people use it for quilting, so I'm surprised that happened - and wondering if I did something wrong.
Any help would be soooo appreciated
Lori
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply

Re: Sewing Fleece with a Walking Foot

I use a Singer Heavy Duty sewing machine with a regular foot and a zipper foot to sew the sugar glider bonding pouches that I make. I just purchased a new 4411 on sale for 40% off at Joanns Etc for about $150.

I used my older model for 5 years, but sometimes in going over the zipper with four layers of fleece the needle bends and strikes the needle bar. I have had to take a nail file and file the groves off the needle plate twice now when this happened, but the last time it did this it seemed to have shoved the needle bar up where the needle and bobbin can't make good connection. The old machine still sews, but I can't get it to quit skipping stitches now, and it was cheaper to buy a new one then to have the old one put in the shop. I make hundreds of these bonding pouches each year though selling them wholesale to shop owners where I live, and on Ebay and Etsy.

I would use caution with sewing heavy stuff like this on an expensive sewing machine. I tried sewing these pouches for a while on a Pfaff 2170 embroidery and sewing machine, but it spit its innards against the wall and cost me almost $400 to get it fixed. The mechanic told me after he fixed it to be careful with it from now on because the screen was beginning to go out now, and once it went out then it was a big paper weight.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.