WHAT IS A BNS

Jump to solution
Ken and Donna Wooten from WowWeeCreations says
I have copied this info from and it was very helpful for me so i am sharing with you all. Hope this helps.

What is a BNR and what is a BNS?

Are you a newbie to the BNS/BNR world? It can be very confusing at first, so hopefully my cheat sheet will help.

♥Overview BNS:♥

A BNS means “Buy and Stay.” A curator, the person who makes the treasury list, will set up their BNS round. It will feature shops that you may buy from. In general, you can buy anything from those shops, unless the rules state otherwise. Once you buy from those shops, you will get put on a list to be featured in the next round. The pros to BNS? You have an opportunity to make more than one sale per round.

♥Overview BNR:♥

A BNR means “Buy and Replace.” A curator will make the treasury list for their BNR round. It will feature shops that you may buy from. In general, you can buy anything from those shops, unless the rules state otherwise. Once you buy from those shops, your shop will immediately replace the purchased from shop. The pros to BNR? They are often quicker moving than a BNS. The cons: You make one sale per purchase.

♥Important notes:♥

It’s very important to read the rules to each BNS/BNR. They are usually on the first page of comments. People will chat in the comments section in both BNS and BNR’s.

*Some BNS/BNRs have a minimum you must spend. In BNR’s that minimum has to be met with the one shop you purchase from.

*Some BNS/BNR’s require you to “call out.” This means you are requesting permission to shop. That info is usually in the rules section.

*Some BNS/BNR’s have carryovers so you’re featured in more than one round, or they reward you with more rounds based on how much you spend.

*Some BNS/BNR’s hold raffles and play games.

*Some BNS/BNR’s will give away a free spot for referral contests, donations for raffles, or winning prizes.

*Some BNS/BNR’s will have immediate features where if you buy in at that moment, you get featured right away as well as in the following round.

*Most shops in a BNS and BNR will post their coupon codes. Do you have to have a code to participate? No, but many buyers will appreciate this. I’ve seen shops not get sales because of not having a coupon code. I’m not a big fan of separate treasury lists for coupon codes, or linking people to a post in a team to find a coupon code, but some BNS/BNRs will do this.

Posted at 10:27 am Mar 16, 2013 EDT - Report this post
Actions: Delete this post - Highlight
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: WHAT IS A BNS

Jump to solution
This sounds really great! I have created a couponcode - SPRINGSALE - for freeshipping! Cant wait to get some traffic on my page. Thank you for coming up with such a brilliant plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Sorry, just trying to figure this all out - so you don't necessarily have to purchase the item in the treasury, you could buy a different item from that shop unless otherwise noted?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This sounds really great! I have created a couponcode - SPRINGSALE - for freeshipping! Cant wait to get some traffic on my page. Thank you for coming up with such a brilliant plan.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
It seems very interesting!Thank you for the info,Elizabeth!:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Sorry, just trying to figure this all out - so you don't necessarily have to purchase the item in the treasury, you could buy a different item from that shop unless otherwise noted?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am trying to understand BNS/ BNR..How can I get benefit from this without making a purchase...I am on budget right now and would like to get a sale first before making a purchase...to get some traffic what I need to do exactly here. Should I create a coupon code and post it here.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.