Welcome to our new members.
Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you and your business.

Re: New Members , Welcome, Introduce Yourself

Hiya! My Name is Cole. I'm living in Media PA - cute lil fair trade town near Philly.

If anyone lives near by you should really look into Media's super sundays Twice a year the whole town becomes a flea market and there are vendors from all over. Legit shops to home made art sale stands. Not to mention the tons of cutesie shops around town have huge sales. Anyhow glad to be hear and to see some fellow PA peoples.

One questions as a new seller: Do I still have to slam our people with a PA sales tax (I'm assuming yes) but is that something I have to accommodate for?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

It is illegal not to collect Pa tax on taxable items and also to tax items that are not taxable.
So, yes, you have to collect and remit taxes on taxable items.
When you list an item, there is a check box that asks if it is taxable.
Also you have to set up your sales tax in your Shop Settings.
To do that, click on Your Shop in the upper right, then on the left go to Shop Setting and click on Shipping and Payment, in the tab across the top click on Sales Tax. Set up your sales tax there.
It will automatically charge the correct tax when the buyer makes a purchase, if you set it up correctly.
0 Likes

Thanks so much! This is a life saver :)
0 Likes

My name is Stephanie, I am a painter/sculptor, and I live right outside of York.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello, my name is Sunny and I recently moved back to the Harrisburg area after being stationed in Asia for four years in the military (was born and raised here). I am a crafter of all sorts, but my shop is mostly knitting ;) I am also a full-time student in York. I'm looking to try some small craft shows this holiday season if anyone has any suggestions, Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I`m Dixie from Fayetteville, PA. I love anything to do with nature and make terrariums and terrariums necklaces. I am retired and this is a part time job for me.
0 Likes

Hello, I live in Bellefonte, which is right outside of State College.
My name is Judy and we have lived here about 4 years now,
I grew up in Lancaster, and lived in Ohio before moving back to PA.
Being a potter is fulltime for me.
0 Likes

Welcome all!! Great to have you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I am Dixie from Fayetteville,Pa. Near Caledonia State Park. I am retired and love working here on Etsy to keep me busy and the extra spending money is nice also.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey everyone. I'm Beth, from Reading, PA. I'm a college graduate that (unfortunately) has struggled getting a job in my field, and therefore have been looking to turn my etsy shop into a full-time job. I like creating something unique and different, and my shop caters to that desire.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone. I'm Blanca from Quakertown, Pennsylvania. I am very new to Etsy. I would love to turn my love for creating into a full time job. If you get a moment I could use some feedback about what I have online and if anyone has any tips on promoting my items please let me know. All tips are so greatly appreciated. Right now I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. Thanks for letting me part of this group!
0 Likes
NammysCloset
Registered Buyer

Hello. My name is Miss Tammy and I am a seamstress at Nammy's Closet. I live in Lancaster Co, but grew up in Potter Co. I enjoy making doll clothing that fit 15 to 18 inch dolls. Although I enjoy the creating, I am not such a great salesperson. I look forward to meeting other Pennsylvanian crafters.
0 Likes

Hi and welcome all newcomers! I am Carol, and I live in Jersey Shore. No, not the ocean one...the one little town with 2 traffic lights, located about 14 miles from Williamsport, PA. I have been on Etsy since 2008. I make mostly recycled things. I am one of the few people that quill Aluminum Cans. I have an Etsy shop to make enough money to fly to Texas, and drive to Connecticut to see grandchildren. I tend to be hit or miss with teams, but I try when I find down time.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone, my name is Margo. I live in Plum, which is about 30 mins from Pittsburgh. I hope to move closer to the city in a year or two. I mostly make jewelry, often incorporating vintage elements and little hardware bits. I love thrift store and flea market shopping, so that tends to figure into what I make. Sometimes I make other things, such as tote bags or scarves.
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! My name is Gina and my shop consists of handmade knits: fingerless gloves, legwarmers, shawls, scarves, and cowls, baby/toddler knits.

I'm glad to know some Etsylvanians. Thank you.
0 Likes
MeresCrafts
Registered Buyer

Hi! My name is Meredith & I opened shop in Nov of 2013. I grew up in Luthersburg PA which is near DuBois and I am now living in Bellefonte. I am a stay at home mom of one sweet 7 month old boy who also models for my shop :)
I like to sew all kinds of things but especially cute boy clothes since it is harder to find cute boys clothes than girls clothes! I also like to sew makeup bags and I have a large selection of those in my shop as well.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!! My name is Nicole and I am living/creating out of downtown Lancaster! I create all my designs by hand first in ink pen and then color them digitally. My work is simple, light-hearted and colorful.

I'm excited to connect with other Etsylvanians :)
0 Likes

Hi everyone! I'm Janice and I live in Sellersville, PA. I've been on Etsy since 2011. I work full time and can't wait until I get a free moment to do my crafting projects. I like to crochet, make cards, paint and do stain glass. I've been crafting since I was child, taught by my mom and nana. I'm so glad to be a part of this team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!
I am a ceramic artist living in Horsham, PA. I make one of a kind handmade ceramics. Mostly functional, my work is super colorful and fun! Thanks for having me!
0 Likes
RomaMiaTradingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Hi all new members!

We have had quiet a few of you recently, and I would like to welcome all of you!

I hope you all will enjoy your time here! We have a few threads for you all to get connected via our new listings thread, our team PIF treasurary threads, as well as a non-team treasury thread, and a thread to post craft fairs in a particular area. Feel free to post as much as you would like to these threads! And if you would like to see new ones created, let us know!

And if your new to Etsy, look to the Etsy School thread and see about signing up! We are very excited about this opportunity!
0 Likes

Greetings from Pittsburgh. I live in the very urban south side of the city. I grew up in New Cumberland which is outside of Harrisburg. I'm a professor at a local university and getting ready to retire this summer. At that point I will work full time on my Etsy button shop.
1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello fellow Etsylvanians! I live in Allentown (Lehigh Valley Area) and am a real newbie to Etsy. After raising two great kids, overcoming a few health challenges, and being in the homestretch of attaining a Bachelors Degree (online) at Drexel, I've decided it's time to reach another goal and start a home business doing something I love! Once the schoolwork ends in August, my time will be devoted to creating original wire and bead earrings and accessories.

Best wishes to all in their business endeavors :)

Amy
0 Likes

Hello! I'm Ashley and I live in Duncansville.. I have a full time job and make jewelry as a side job. I absolutely love it, it's definitely my passion! I enjoy meeting all kinds of new people through the business :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Etsylvanians! I live southwest of Pittsburgh near W. Virginia and Ohio. I teach high school social studies but also work with repurposing beautiful glass for the garden and home (garden totems, bird baths, wedding center pieces, cupcake stands etc)
Thanks for inviting me!
0 Likes
WinterFinds
Inspiration Seeker

Hi--Thanks so much for the invite to your team! I'm in Kennett Square (right next to Longwood Gardens). I sell mostly vintage items. I have everything from pottery to antique trunks. Look forward to participating in the team.
Thanks,
Jeff
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.