StepOriginals
Conversation Maker

outcasts or incrowd?????

I was just wondering how many of us found this team because of harsh treatment we recieved in other forums. My crime was mentioning in my profile how long it takes to create my belt buckles. What was yours?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
36 Replies

Re: outcasts or incrowd?????

Haha - no crime committed here. I saw someone talking about "the best team" in the forums one day and decided to check it out. I saw some forum regulars on the team list and thought, "this is where the cool kids hang out".

Luckily it was an open team so I didn't have to actually be cool to join. ;)
0 Likes

I got two warnings for chiding people upstairs. I was trying to be funny. Way too sensitive.
I've posted upstairs a couple of times in the last few days but it was just an attention-getting maneuver because my sales dropped off suddenly and I'm getting frustrated. >:[
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I asked a question when I first started - don't remember what it was - and everyone was such a douche that I didn't post for a long time. Once I recovered, I went back and would try to help with questions and stuff - and I always killed the threads. :(

So I was browsing teams and I stumbled upon this one accidentally... and I was home. <3
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I got tired of the snarkiness. While it wasn't ever directed at me, I knew that it was only a matter of time until it happened, so I decided to take myself out the situation before someone had a chance to be mean!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This team started because a thread in the main forums of people like all of us that wonder why whenever we posted something we never got a reply and just killed the thread.

We use to have contests of who killed the most threads. Now our threads were not rude nor were we purposely trying to kill them, it just came natural.

That same night we pulled up all our killed threads through the years and then started this team. We were so small then and we were rejected when we invited people.

I can't believe how much this team has grown and all the wonderful people that have come and gone from this team. You are all truly the best and make my Etsy that much better!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am too direct for upstairs and snap threads. Because of my out cast status I went looking for somewhere else. The team name drew me in. I stay because it is a good fit and we have fun.
0 Likes

oh this is the in crowd fer sure!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Rizzi told me about this team a few nights ago. Love it!
0 Likes

Yup, I'm a thread killer, never could get people to answer my threads. Everyone I started just sank further and further... until even I forgot what it was. Oh... does that make me an outcast?
0 Likes
christmasangel
Inspiration Seeker

I rarely post at all upstairs, but became quite vocal through keyboard during last year's Canada Post kerfuffle when we sometimes had a postal system and sometimes didn't. It was at that time I was invited to join the team I figured it was because they recognized my superior threadkilling abilities lol.
0 Likes

I got an invite, otherwise I probaly woulda still been upstairs trying to get my questions answered with no avail.

I love this team...
0 Likes
SassiChic
Registered Buyer

Ok, so I definitely thought upstairs meant the north, and downstairs was the south. What am I missing?!?!?!?

*confused*
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mana, upstairs means the public teams, like the Business Team and the Success Team. :)
0 Likes
SassiChic
Registered Buyer

Wow, I was ssooooo off.

Thanks Juliet!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I spend much of my Etsy time Next door these days (That's what I call the IYF team that is a promo team started by ETK folks so It feels like I am still with family so I call it next door)
Anyway, someone must have seen my rad thread killing skills or maybe they noticed I was being reemmed upstairs, and i am to naive to have caught on, and I got an invite to come to The ETk. I am so glad I did.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Dawn showed me down here, and I'm SO happy that she did! :) .
0 Likes
ShopGreyweather
Inspiration Seeker

I seem to be great at killing threads, that's just how I roll. So I guess that makes me an outcast :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My crime was mentioning how shocked I was that I saw something on the front page priced over $100 that I've seen in stores for under $1
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

When the forums changed, people started disappearing, and suddenly upstairs seemed it was full of strangers with a chip on their shoulder. SO many threads aggravated me I knew I'd either wind up saying something I'd regret or give myself a stroke (and can seriously feel my blood pressure go up when I'm up there). I'm not sure how I found myself here - I think someone mentioned it in a thread, and when I saw who all was here, I joined in an instant. Best decision I ever made on Etsy.
0 Likes

This is definitely the In crowd!

Not sure how I ended up here but I joined early on. I was a forum poster til I got an invite to this team. Can't remember who, but if I did I would thank them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was invited to the team. What does that make me??? LOL. I know I'm an outcast. Thanks for the invite. I am actually coming out of my shell.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This is the in crowd, definitely :) I've seen some of you guys upstairs once in a blue moon and wondered where the cool people hung out. Then in the Success Team this one was mentioned and I came right down ;) Knew it was around somewhere.
0 Likes

I had heard of this team on many an occasion upstairs and finally decided to give it a whirl when my thread-killing skills came to a head.

I joined this team when I got so fed up reading the same threads over and over again. I know I'm an outcast, so it's all good. Hell, I'm even an outcast in my outcast group :) I like it here.
0 Likes

Kimberly, I found this group the same way...lol.

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of posting questions and getting no replies or of getting replies from other people who have the same question and are waiting to see if someone will answer it. Think I'll just start posting them here and saving my breath to cool my soup.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.