This thread is to post about whatever is on your mind and bothering you.

My current vent: I need to get off Shop Stats. Going for a jog!
SassiChic
Registered Buyer

Re: Venting thread

@Joanna, you should definitely talk to their manager....I don't think that's proper store conduct o_O
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh wow...I am shocked. I have broken rules by accident and didnt get kicked out. Sorry to hear that you did, but maybe you should ask why.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Really Joanna, You should go there and see the manager and print out the law and give it to them in more ways then one. People should respect the clients, its their job.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks, moon =)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was going to recommend one of my old retail coworkers apply for a nice administrative position that I heard was opening. The job would pay her more than two and a half times what she currently makes in retail and would be so much less physically intense. I went to facebook her the job information, and lo and behold, she defriended me within the last couple of days (along with all but some 50 remaining people). She even put up a catty status message about how anyone still on her friends list should be proud of themselves because they are privileged and "truly matter and are [her] real friends" (all caps, of course). I guess I won't be sending her the link or putting in a good word for her... >:-(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey My pleasure. Great shop Francesca.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks! Your shop is awesome, too :)
0 Likes

It's one of those independent stores so not a big chain. I didn't argue with the girl working because I knew she didn't make the rules. they had some sort of big quilters meeting thingy going on and they left one girl working at the cut counter/checkout. there was a nice line developing. I only ended up paying $3 more but still it's not the money so much as being told I had to spend more to use it. at that time it didn't sound right to me. I don't know what it is about fabric stores but I have met more "I am queen of the Universe" owners in those places than in any other business.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

THIS LISTING

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94111598/cherry-blossom-flowers-lot-of-7

I take 20+ awesome shots and these wouldn't cooperate. Finally had to use my phone and you can see what happened.
0 Likes
SassiChic
Registered Buyer

@Juliet - that is so horrible!
@Joanna - I have not noticed that about fabric stores. I'll pay attention next time I"m in one
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Francesca !
0 Likes

the one thing that makes me smile is I had no cash on me so I had to have her run my debit card to pay the extra money. The fees probably sucked it right out. I probably shouldn't find that funny having a small business myself I know that merchant fees take a huge chunk out but.....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

LOL...well that's karma for you Joanna.. its a bi ch
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Scottish husband calling.......see ya guys, thanks for the chat you are all awesome. bye
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

oh man, reading these posts make me feel less alone in the world. dmv, customer service, gift certificates, store credits, other etsy teams,.... yep, all of this stuff!

and boy, don't get me started on the use of facebook as passive aggressive personal attacks. big sigh!

anyway, I have a personally original vent.

I recently received a rejection e-mail from a local boutique where I offered up some of my wares for consignment/wholesale. I'm used to "rejection" letters ("we don't sell local wares", "your items wouldn't fit in", "we don't sell one of a kind products", etc), but this one took the wedding cake.

it was a fairly normal rejection e-mail except for this teensie little phrase: "don't take it personally".

maybe I was just off my happy rocker that night, but man that really plucked my bum feathers! sometimes it seems people use phrases like "don't take it personally" to make really horrible statements, as if it justifies everything that comes after and makes it OK to say them. how could I not take it personally? and maybe I wouldn't have taken it personally except that she felt the need to lead off with that phrase, just in case I would be offended that her little shop doesn't want to carry my junk.

grrr. I try not to let the rejections get to me, and I really try not to use phrases like that (I'm a big fan of the compliment sandwich).

anyway, thanks for letting me vent and allowing me to shake fist in unity with other venters. I'm new to the team, too, so hullo! :]
0 Likes
SassiChic
Registered Buyer

Wow, they probably don't deserve your products with that kind of public relations...on to bigger things for you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

People that take forever to pay, and don't realize or consider that this your job. I wonder how they would feel when Friday came along and they didn't get their paycheck. "OOOps I keep forgetting"
0 Likes

I HATE my herniated disc!!!!
0 Likes

Awwww Betty. Feel better!!
0 Likes

I have no energy. my birth control steals all energy and I am always exhausted. I have switched twice. There is no hormonal free birth control that is an option for me. I am sick of taking naps after I do anything :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey folks! Since this is a public thread, it makes it hard to talk about everything without worrying about the implications. More people might participate if it is private. Do you want me to close this one up and Mana (or myself) can start a new one?

Thought I'd throw the option out there before this becomes a gigantic thread that no one wants to close, lol.
0 Likes

didnt realize it was public. that would be great.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh no... Didn't realize it was public!!

Next time I should be more careful.. . :P.
0 Likes

Just realized this was public. ^^;
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Editing photos for listings drives me CRAZY!!!! ugh....
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.