No auto-tweets for 20 hours...

I checked the EtsySocial and it seems I'm still logged in, but no auto-tweets for 20 hours. Is the system down or do I need to do something?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: No auto-tweets for 20 hours...

I am in the same situation since yesterday?
0 Likes

Same here - no auto re-tweets, either.
0 Likes

My auto-tweets began working again about 0430 EDT.

0 Likes

I am up and running again. Thanks Clarissa
0 Likes

Well I thought that Etsy Social was not functioning so I unclicked my auto tweets and retweets. So..... should I start again? Is it all working ok? Also my subscription has run out . Help anyone?
0 Likes

It looks like Etsy Social has vanished. I wish I knew what was going on. No auto-tweets here either.
0 Likes

My Etsy social auto tweets stopped as well 2 days ago. Auto tweets started up again after I reauthorized Etsysocial access to Twitter and clicked the submit button.
0 Likes

There is not even an Etsy Social website anymore.
0 Likes

Found it! I hope its reactivated now.
0 Likes

Still not getting retweets nor am I retweeting. Subscription says I'm activated through Sept. 2, 2019. I've re-authorized twitter, I re-activated tweets/retweets. Any ideas why this isn't working? Back in Sept. payment was taken out but then re-imbursed. Can someone send me all the links that I need if I am not doing this correctly? Thanks much appreciated.
0 Likes

I have not been using Etsy Social for months now, due to all the trouble. However, from time-to-time, I have been retweeting team members manually. Over the weekend I wrote to Clarissa and asked her about my retweeting manually, and whether that too, is against Twitter rules. She said she would get back to me. I retweeted quite a few of you this past Saturday, and just now I signed into TweetDeck; I didn't get locked out. If there would be a great number of us doing this manual retweeting, maybe that would also upset Twitter ... don't know. The thing is Etsy Meet N Tweet is a HUGE team. Maybe Twitter feels that it is disruptive because of its size ... if that is an issue at all. If it is an issue, maybe dividing up into smaller groups within the team would help. I'll be interested to hear what Clarissa has to say about manual retweeting. I rather like it because then I have the control.
0 Likes

Bonnie,

I was doing retweeting with a smaller team and we still got locked out. There were about 14 of us doing automatic retweeting and we still had trouble.

You should be OK with manual retweeting. I have been doing that for a while before and after work. I think Twitter objects to the AUTOMATED RTing
0 Likes

Auto retweet stopped again. The EtsySocial website says the site is suspended.
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Team!

EtsySocial was down overnight...sorry for that! It is back up now.

Thanks Yona, for sharing about the auto-retweeting on your other team. I suspected even just a few people auto-retweeting would get flagged.

@Bonnie - I agree with Yona, manual retweeting is fine. How to set it up, it the question. In the past, manual retweeting was more temporary in between auto-retweeting.

I will post a new thread to see who is interested and to establish a system.

Thanks Team! Have a wonderful day everyone!
0 Likes

I will manually retweet Etsymntt as I can. I am on another team of 11 members. It is kept small on purpose because we retweet 5 items for each member, 4 days a week, and then "heart" every single item. We have had absolutely no problems with lockouts. The thing is, you couldn't do this for a huge team because it would take way too much time. We also sign in as having done so on the days that we retweet. This system works beautifully for a small group. When I'm on TweetDeck, recently I've been looking at my "notifications" column, and when I spy Etsymntt members that retweet me, or ones that are forever team members that I am very familiar with, I am making an effort to retweet them now as time permits. I greatly like the "personal" touch of manual retweeting because I get to know the shop and the products that are being produced, provided that there is a photo. Tweets without accompanying photos, to me, that makes it hard to draw a client in, and it certainly makes retweeting more boring. But now, most shops do provide photos with their tweets. Just my thoughts for what they are worth ... maybe not much. :)
0 Likes

I generally send out a bunch of tweets whenever I have a new listing. I've found, though, that Twitter will lock me out if I do more than about 11-12 at a time, even though the tweets have different @mentions and #hashtags. So, I do 10 tweets, go away for 15-20 minutes, then come back and do another 10 or so, and I don't get locked out. When retweeting on other teams, I do the same thing...
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.