ManAndStone
Community Maker

EtsySocial Retweets & Twitter - Important Please Read!

Hi Team!

As some of you are aware there is a new development with regard to our app where some members have had their twitter accounts locked. After taking certain steps they were able to unclock there accounts, however, I have just become aware of an account that may have been temporarily restricted in relation to what's happening.

I believe I have identified what in our retweeting triggered this response from twitter and I have our developer working on resolving the issue!

I expect to hear from him in the next few hours. I'm hoping for good news that this will be an easy fix!

***PLEASE NOTE:****
Those who are getting locked, as a precautionary measure, you may want to deactivate your Auto-Retweets for now. In your EtsySocial Dashboard - on the Auto Retweet Tab - uncheck the "Activate" box.

Please post below if you are encountering any problems.

We will get through this and back on track! Thanks Team!

Clarissa
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
246 Replies
LMcreation
Registered Buyer

Re: EtsySocial Retweets & Twitter - Important Please Read!

Just de-activated my auto retweets. Hope this gets resolved soon and having my twitter account unlocked.

Thanks for working on this issue Clarissa.
0 Likes

I haven't been locked out but I just deactivated the auto re-tweet until everything is working up to par for everyone.

Thanks!
0 Likes

My account was also locked. I will de-activate also. Thanks!
0 Likes

I have not activated the retweet (I have been busy and lazy and have just been putting it off). I also haven't been manually tweeting as much (maybe a few times a day with some occasional retweets, sorry, please don't hold it against me). BUT, I just wanted to say that yesterday I had my Twitter account locked. I took the steps and got it unlocked, but I have no idea what did it. I still have Roundteam in my Twitter apps (I really don't have any others except I had instagram). Do you think that could be what's doing it? I guess I could deactivate roundteam since we aren't using it anymore. Thoughts?
0 Likes

Ok, so now I'm kind of panicking. I just went into my Twitter and it was locked for the second time. I was able to get the codes and put them in to unlock, but I don't know why this is happening. I have now deleted all apps except Hootsuite and Twitter for Windows (which I need because I have that new Windows computer). I deleted Roundteam (after I got back in just now). I posted once yesterday after I got unlocked and have not posted since. I haven't unfollowed or followed anyone yesterday or today. I double checked and there are no weird posts that have gone out from me. I changed my password just in case. Any insight would certainly help to ease my mind. Thanks!
0 Likes
ManAndStone
Community Maker

Hi Michele! Thank you for posting! Just did a search on twitter an found that many account are being locked and then lock again immediately after unlocking!

see here:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=twitter%20keep%20locking&src=typd

So maybe it's not us but this has still revealed a glitch in our app that shouldn't be...so I will continue to get it fixed!

And maybe we just have to wait this out and see what happens in the next couple days.

Thanks Michele!! good to see you!! :D
0 Likes

Hi Clarissa

I’ve been reading about the twitter locking. My account is not locked and I’ve had no problem with twitter. Go figure. Sorry everyone for twitter troubles.
0 Likes

Hi Clarissa,
Good to see you, too! Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I'm glad that I'm not alone (although I don't wish this on anyone). I will post here again if it happens again. Hopefully it won't and we will all be ok. Twitter is definitely my favorite SM. I will definitely be signing up for the automatic retweets again once this is all sorted out, but I guess by me not signing up in a timely manner, we know that the app probably isn't the cause. Have a great evening! :)
0 Likes

I have unchecked the Automation box on EtsySocial. I will try to unlock my Twitter account (again!) now.
0 Likes

I deactivated my auto retweets since I got locked out of twitter 7x. Looking forwards to hearing how this gets resolved.

0 Likes

I have also unchecked the activation box in Auto Retweets as well as AutoTweets
0 Likes

I deactivated my auto-retweets, will wait for further instructions.

Thanks Clarissa,
0 Likes

Finally followed the steps and fingers crossed our twitter account is unblocked but wondering for how long
0 Likes
MadamCoyote
Inspiration Seeker

I got locked out, unlocked it, got locked out again. I have gone in and deactivated the auto-retweets. I'm going to try unlocking my twitter again and see what happens. Thanks for being on top of it, Clarissa!
0 Likes

I have been locked out twice in 2 days and I have not been using auto tweets. I have been locked out when I hit the twitter share button from my Etsy page.
0 Likes

Deactivated my auto-retweets at lunch time, Now I am locked out of my twitter acccount again.
0 Likes

Clarissa,

This problem is not necessarily related to our app here. I read in other groups that people were getting locked out of their accounts who are not participating with this group's app.

0 Likes

Ok, this morning I was locked out for a 3rd time. I did not tweet or retweet anything between yesterday's lockout and today's. I think it's a Twitter bug.
0 Likes

I just submitted a report to Twitter. We will see if they come back with anything. I do wonder if this has anything to do with Etsy taking the Twitter button away from us on our product pages and then putting it back about 2 days ago or so......
0 Likes

Michelle and Darryl,

I was thinking the same thing about that twitter button. I don't use that button and I have not been locked out. Doesn't prove anything, but it's something to consider.

We should take a poll and see if there is strong correlation between the use to the Etsy Twitter Button and getting locked out.

Here is the poll Copy and paste the questions and put your answers as I did below the questions.
1. Your Shop Name
2. Have your been locked out any time in the last 2 days?
3. Have you used the Etsy Twitter Button in the last 2 days?

DoveJewelryDesign No No
0 Likes

I have also been locked out.

1. Epic Stitching
2. Yes
3. No - I always post manually with the link from Safari.
0 Likes
MadamCoyote
Inspiration Seeker

1. Madam Coyote
2. Yes (3 times now)
3. No - I tweet using Hootsuite's bulk upload tool, except this morning; after unlocking my account, I tweeted exactly one of my products manually, directly into twitter, in a web browser on my computer. I did not schedule any other tweets today.

Additionally, I went in this morning and unchecked the activation button on the retweet app, but just now when I looked it was checked? I'm not sure what happened there.

Despite that, I'm also thinking it might not be the retweeting tool.
0 Likes

1. Your Shop Name-ChromaticWit
2. Have your been locked out any time in the last 2 days? Yes, 3 times
3. Have you used the Etsy Twitter Button in the last 2 days? Yes, 2 days ago.
0 Likes

1.everreonetsy
2. Yes twice so far
3. No
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.