Confused

I got invited to this “Etsy community: Etsy promotion team” thing and I don’t understand why? Or what’s going on.

I keep getting emails from people posting “thanks for the invite, can’t wait to learn new ways to promote” and “I’ll promote your products on my Pinterest for $5” type of things.. like I’ve been getting 5-10 emails a day from this “Etsy community: Etsy promotion team” thing about posts like that.

Can someone explain? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Confused

Yes please, same here.

0 Likes

I am a bit taken aback with this invite too. We all agree we love selling on Etsy, right? But this seems to be yet another ploy to relieve us from our hard earned money by cleaver individuals using their so called marketing skills. The items I sell are targeted to a specific genre and really can not be mass marketed. Looks to me as if the authors of this group do little or no research on the shops or type of products these shops offer up for sale.  So yes, I'm confused as well. 

4 Likes

Yeah my target market is very niche too..

1 Like

I have been wondering what this is as well. It was not even clear that I signed up; I just clicked the link to try and figure out what it was. I've mostly ignored the posts so far because I'm pressed for time. As we all likely are.

3 Likes

Also what’s the difference between “registered member” and “community member”?

0 Likes

Seemed like a spam message to me. Anything that includes a suspicious looking link to some outside source is a major red flag you're about to be scammed big time. Also, the username is gibberish and the acct was created the same date we all got DM's. Definitely smells like spam.

1 Like
DebsPickerSouL
Conversation Maker

Yes, this Team just seems to be for people who want to make money off of others' Etsy Shops somehow.  The Team Leader, Vintgood, does not have a shop.  I left the Team.  Good luck to everyone.

1 Like

I received this invitation month ago and tried this guy but wasn't happy. It's costly to have your shop promoted and it wouldn't bring me any more customers. I quit and told him that I'm not interested. Now I'm getting that invitation over and over again today. Somebody wants to make money but not for us!

0 Likes

Wow can we report this to Etsy?

1 Like

It's ridiculous spam. It's annoying too. 

0 Likes

My response is what everyone else has already said.  I just clicked on a link and became a member.  Sounds a little fishy to me.  Since Etsy took away our ability to promote other people's items what good is this.  I'd just like to know how to get out of being a member.

0 Likes

I wasn’t even sure this was really Etsy. I clicked to see what the group was about and this. You notice there’s not even a note to new members. 

0 Likes

Oh go under options and unsubscribe 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.