Welcome to Etsy Woman - Chicago

Thank you for joining Etsy Woman - Chicago!

I'm Beverly and I own designbcb here on Etsy.

Etsy Woman - Chicago was conceived after my church, First United Methodist Church of Oak Park and United Methodist Women, decided to make a change to our more than 30 years old biannual craft sale.

We want to create a marketplace showcasing women.  A marketplace offering quality items made by local business owners and instead of just marking off areas in the hall and gathering vendors, I thought we would bring the vendors in on the planning stages so we can build something women would be eager to be a part of.

There are three shows.

May 2019 - The Saturday before Mother's Day. The date for this has already been reserved

September 2019 - TBD - This show is different in that it will be for supplies. We know there are shop owners who have piles of goods, in my case yarn, who can sale off their excess. This is a chance to sell yarns, fabrics, beads, etc. to those who craft as a hobby or a business. I am also thinking this would be an opportunity to have small, short classes throughout the day.

November 2019 - The Saturday after Black Friday. This is an opportunity for buyers and sellers to meet their local Etsyans and do some shopping during the holiday season. For Etsy shop owners who have inventory to sell right away, this could be a great chance to makes sales and promote their shop

I would love to hear your ideas. Feel free to start a discussion, ask a question and share your thoughts. With the first show being in May, and with a limited number of seats, this has to move fairly quickly to get out the application and promotional materials. See additional discussions to help prepare and plan for a successful event.

Thank you for being a part of the team.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
4 Replies
TheBodyWorkout
Conversation Maker

Re: Welcome to Etsy Woman - Chicago

I will come but I can't participate. I have a digital shop.

0 Likes

You can't do hardcopies?

Still would like your input on helping build the brand, though. Maybe you could teach a class and have sign up for a mailing list or something?

1 Like
ItsYourSeason
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for organizing this group.  I look forward to meeting and interacting with other members.

0 Likes
TheBodyWorkout
Conversation Maker

I can do hard copies.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.