Former_Member
Not applicable

Starter Pack Listings

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share the latest Wholesale Finds email that went out to our buyers yesterday. It features a handful of YOUR work and best of all, links out to the "Starter Pack" search results.

What's a Starter Pack?

A Starter Pack is whatever you want it to be but a good place to start is taking a look the best sellers from your retail shop and showcasing them in a single listing that meets your minimum order requirements. The idea is to give potential buyers an easier way to shop - buyers want to stock things that sell and you know what sells so why not do half the work for them?

If you haven't gotten around to creating a Starter Pack listing yet, it's not too late! Set aside some time this long weekend and think about what your answer would be to a retail buyer asking you to suggest some items from your line that meet your minimum order requirements. Are they best sellers? Are they mini collections of a particular style or scent? Once you figure out what you would suggest, create a single listing and include "Starter Pack" in your title. Many sellers have already found success in their listings (if you are one of them, let us know in a comment!). If you need inspiration, take a look at the packs featured in the email or search the term "Starter Pack" on Wholesale as a wholesale buyer would!

http://et.sy/4hdn3yu

We have a great discussion going on in our Etsy Wholesale Sellers Facebook group so if Facebook is your thing, come join us! https://www.facebook.com/groups/EtsyWholesaleSellers
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Starter Pack Listings

I have started making my wholesale listings separate from my retail listings, and I plan on starting some starter pack listings for some cuffs soon. I just got some things back from a gallery, so now is the perfect opportunity to shoot some pics with all my various sizes!
0 Likes
freshieandzero
Inspiration Seeker

Great advice! I am going to start working on this asap. I couldn't get that link to work, though.
0 Likes

we did our home decorator's starter pack last week! How do we get it 'noticed?' Do you just search wholesale to find us, or do we need to submit somewhere

Thanks, and we are LOVING the wholesale side of Etsy,
Matt
0 Likes

FYI, Michelle, the Et.sy link goes to a 404 error...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've set the starter pack listing.
The minimum quantity is 10 pieces of leather card holder.
0 Likes
peachtreelane
Inspiration Seeker

The link also does not work for me! Just FYI
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I can't find where to get this set up...
0 Likes

I'm really glad I've been following the Facebook Group! I've learned quite a bit, even though I've been on Etsy Wholesale for about a year. Very happy to have learned about Starter Packs - My starter pack listing has been a success!

https://www.etsy.com/wholesale/listing/497467662/
0 Likes
BEINGapothecary
Inspiration Seeker

Hi there!

1. The link doesn't work for me and others in this thread.
2. Where do we create the Starter Pack?
3. Should we add starterpack to the tags?

Thanks!
0 Likes

are you able to re-share the link; its a broken link. thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Haven't looked at my Linesheet in months
Maybe when I'm watching the president tonight I'll do a starter pack
This is a great idea

Kudos to Etsy wholesale
Brilliant idea
0 Likes

Here's the link from the newsletter I received: http://buff.ly/2lc2jU7 This newsletter was filled with a lot of great makers. Maybe sellers could/should sign up for the buyer's emails, too! Keep up with what's Etsy thinks is new /trending/important to buyers, see what buyers are getting, etc.
0 Likes

Cynthia, I have the same questions:)
0 Likes

To add onto Chrissy's link...here is what the email looked like to buyers: http://etsy.me/2mANOJQ
The section on starter packs is titled, "Easy as 1-2-3: Starter Packs." If you click on that, it will take you to the page that Chrissy's link takes you to.

You can create starter packs like you would a regular listing. Include items to reach (at least) your minimum order. Some sellers have more than one kind of starter pack....best sellers, seasonal...you could do colors. Lots of possibilities.

Tags are a retail only feature, so you will want to add the Starter Pack verbiage to your titles. (the titles and materials sections are the only searchable areas on EW...along with your shop name).
0 Likes
ScarvesByEllen
Conversation Maker

I'm so glad I finally noticed this thread - what a useful idea! Here's my Silk Chiffon Scarf starter pack:
https://www.etsy.com/wholesale/listing/502990332/
0 Likes

Wow, this is a great idea. I am planning on getting one done this week. I'll post when I am done.
0 Likes

I really like this idea. Just did a craft show and sold out of some of my most popular items, will have to make starter kits that include those. Thanks!:)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.