Former_Member
Hi there!
I know the team hoped to have chosen vendors notified today, just curious if that was still the plan or if it'll be going through the week?

Re: Open Call Notification

Jump to solution
Congrats to those selected!

I can't help but notice that there are quite a few Brooklyn shops there, a few shops with very few sales/reviews, and only one international seller!

I hope there will be more opportunities like this but I would also like to know that this is a completely level playing field we're entering.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I hope next time around you get some sort of confirmation that you were actually entered. I had read in the comments on Instagram that only one picture was necessary, now I wonder if I should have just spent all my time on social media uploading pictures every few days instead of just being a "rule follower" like I am haha....

I also wish it was easier to add items to my linesheet. I wonder if that was my downfall (not just for opencall, but etsy wholesale in general) in that I have 700+ retail listings my shop, most of which are available for wholesale, but I think I only have about 40 or so listed in my wholesale area because it's such a pain in the butt to edit every listing, with all my variations. I also kind of screwed my self because I raised my rates back in March, with plants to raise again in November, but with no way to really mass edit prices anymore, I'm left with a wholesale shop that isn't exactly 50 discount, when it should be (I have a few wholesale customers that just order directly from my Etsy shop, and then I refund 50%, yes it costs me more in fee's that way, but they get to shop my whole shop and get the correct wholesale discount, and I can print shipping labels).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi everyone!

I wanted to touch base with you on how we determined our 30 finalists.

In addition to pitching on Instagram, finalists had to be approved Etsy Wholesale sellers with published linesheets. Once we narrowed down the list of qualified candidates, we worked with retailers to select sellers whose lines best aligned with the retailer's brand. We would have loved to host 50 candidates but during our selection process we came to the conclusion that a slightly smaller group meant more individual attention for each designer's line.

Geographic location was not a factor in our selections. In fact, we're thrilled to have 3 international sellers accept our invitation to participate! While the selection process was tough, we're thrilled with our finalists and look forward to welcoming them to our Brooklyn headquarters!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.