Nonpayment of Invoice

What's my recourse when Wholesale Buyer does not pay an Etsy Wholesale Invoice?
Will Etsy help enforse the contract?
My terms are pay prior to shipping, so thankfully, I still have the pile of goods I spent weeks making just for them.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nonpayment of Invoice

Yeah, I think Etsy Wholesale is supposed to step in but only after you've contacted the buyer through all possible means.

This does raise a question I have - what is the application process to become a buyer on EW? How are they vetted before being approved?
0 Likes

Yes, and can buyers be barred from future participation?
0 Likes

It is my understanding that if there is non-payment on an order, the buyer may not be able to purchase from EW in the future. I do not know what their review process is, and they do not disclose the outcome...but I know that Admin has been responsive regarding this and should contact you if you have reached out to them with this concern.
0 Likes

How long should it take admin to respond? I sent them info about this order 5 days ago.........
0 Likes

What email did you send it to? Wholesalesupport@etsy.com is what I used and I want to say it took a few days to receive a response. Admin does come through the forums here to catch up on all of the posts as well. Hopefully between your email and your post, it will be seen...but, maybe try emailing again.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jane!

I'm sorry for the delay in my response - I was out of the office earlier this week. I got your email and responded back on October 7th to the email address on your account. I'll send you a Convo with the message I gave you in case you didn't get my email.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How long do other sellers wait to report non-payment? What if you've been communicating but it's still not being paid?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.