Former_Member
Not applicable

New To Selling on Etsy Wholesale - experiences, advice?

Hey!

Just finally joined Etsy Wholesale. I'm not new to Wholesaling, but new to it on Etsy. Was wondering what other sellers experiences have been.

What have your sales been like?
Are people finding your products easily?
How / Can you promote your Etsy Wholesale?
Does use the Etsy Wholesale Linesheets for other wholesale purposes?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies

Re: New To Selling on Etsy Wholesale - experiences, advice?

Thanks for asking these questions, I am in the same situation and I will be watching this thread! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey y'all!

I'll try to keep my answers short and sweet:

- I've been on here 11 months, with 13 orders; two or three of those have been local shops that found me on Instagram, the rest have found me presumably through browsing EW

- I have no idea; we don't have stats or any way of tracking how people find us other than maybe them mentioning "I saw you on Instagram" or something like that; maybe I should start asking :\ ; I feel like EW is slowly but surely turning into regular Etsy in terms of being lost in a sea of sellers; I understand though that it's up to me to direct traffic to my linesheet

- I'm all over instagram and twitter; I use the tag "wholesale" on my retail listings and as a hashtag; I keep a list of stores to contact and have been sending out query emails; not a whole lot of luck there but I haven't been at it for long

- I don't use my linesheet for anything other than trying to get orders on EW; I guess you could print it out on nice paper and take it to a craft fair or tradeshow? Maybe other sellers have done this.

Happy sales, y'all!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! Do you have a link to your linesheets directly on Instagram or Facebook?

I noticed that it doesn't show me other wholesalers prices, I'm guessing because I'm not a buyer, so I'm working if it's the same with the general public - IE - If I post a link for wholesale on my etsy retail, or facebook, or instagram, will it give only specified buyers my wholesale pricing, but show my stock lists to all?

Also wondering if etsy will eventually have stats for wholesale and/or more line sheet options - I find with my jewelry it needs to be separated both by piece type and collection, and I don't have enough "line sheets" to make that happen with all the collections.

0 Likes

I've been on Etsy Wholesale for almost 2 years (November will be 2 years). Received my first EW order in June of this year, and have received 3 more EW orders since then. Guess the right stores are finally joining EW!!

Without Stats, I have NO idea if wholesale buyers are finding my things or HOW they're finding my things. Flying blind here ...

You can share your Linesheet with potential buyers. I think this will allow that buyer to view your things, however to view the rest of Etsy Wholesale OR to place an order, the buyer would need to register on EW, if they're not already registered.

Brandy, we've been asking for Stats here for at least 2 years (as long as I've been here). Still waiting ...

You only have 1 EW linesheet, so I hope you can find a way to make it work for you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Brandy, if you post your line sheet publicly it will not post prices, except to any buyers who are registered with EW. It doesn't show quantities, because at this time there doesn't seem to be a way to list the maximum quantity available. I've seen other sellers suggest that you put in the listing itself how many are available, especially for one of a kind items.

I just started up on EW and haven't had any sales or inquiries yet.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

No, I do not publish a link to my linesheet anywhere except in a private email between me and a buyer.
0 Likes

I sent my line sheet to a friend to see what she could see and she said she could see the initial wholesale price but when she clicked on an item it took her to the retail page as she is not a wholesale buyer.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been on EW since June. Haven't received not one order. But, I have read a few threads and a lot of sellers are seeking out potential buyers. Also, I'm on Instagram and tagging #wholesale and some of my Etsy retail listings placing the same tag.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lovely packaging SOSBLISS! Keep on truckin'!
0 Likes

Yesterday and today I wrote to about a dozen shops. I included my guest pass. I did this once before with no response. At least today I got one response from a shop that likes my work and did her buying for the season but asked me to contact her again in January. It's a start. I've been on EW since April and have had one order. (Which I'm grateful for).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I joined Etsy Wholesale about 4 months ago and have done almost 50 orders through the program. I really love the set up and it's super easy to use. I am curious how to market it a bit more though!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Okayish. EW only contributes to about 5% of my total wholesale business, however.

Not a clue. I wish we had stats.

Honestly, I don't promote it. Etsy takes 3.5% of the sale so I prefer to not advertise EW and only reward the platform with my commission when a sale comes through it organically. I wouldn't encourage people to use my commissioned sales rep instead of coming right to me, but I will certainly reward my sales rep for bringing me new business- this is no different.

Nope I have a beautiful document that I prefer to use.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been on the program for a couple of months now and totally depressed. there's no stats so I dont even know if people are looking at my linesheet. I'm not getting sales and I'm notabout to go find buyers and share my profits with etsy if I had to go find the buyer. So now ive raised my retail prices beyond the average retail so that I can get a decent wholesale but im not getting wholesale orders and have no idea if im even being noticed etsy doesnt seem to care to find us buyers so what are we sharing our profits whith them. theres no support by etsy whatsoever on the wholesale side and im fed up i would quit and go back to normal pricing on my retail but i spent 100 signing up for wholesale i am just going to wait and see if etsy finally stups up and gets us some support or at least some stats
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jeannette!

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating time with Wholesale. We hope for success for all of the sellers on the platform, and are continually working to grow our buyer base so that there are retailers to purchase from all sellers. There are over 11,000 buyers on the platform currently and that number grows daily.

If you're open to it, I'd love to look over your linesheet and give you some feedback on areas that I think might help encourage some sales from these retailers. I can send you a Convo or an email - whatever works better for you. You're welcome to message me back here, Convo me directly or email me back at wholesalesupport@etsy.com.

I hope to hear from you soon!
0 Likes

I've been on wholesale for a few months by now. I've looked up for some advices on how I can get sales - approaching shops.... Have been doing that but I still don't have any sales yet.
I don't know what's going on, couldn't check my stats nor see who's looking at my shop, devastated :(

But I guess that one day will come, I'll just have to wait on keep working on this :/
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.