Former_Member
Not applicable

Mini Open Call Question....

Jump to solution
I am really excited to see the next open call is The Strand (love!)! Does the fact that they have purchased from me in the past disqualify me from pitching? Or can I pitch something new, that I didn't offer when they last ordered from me?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Mini Open Call Question....

Jump to solution
Hi Stephanie!

We're loving the excitement for our newest Mini Open Call. It's fantastic that you've already connected with The Strand and your products are selling in their store.

However, I do want to mention that the purpose of the Mini Open Call is to give sellers the chance to get their lines in front of new retailers on Etsy Wholesale. Overall, it's meant to connect these retailers to new sellers they might not know about yet, as well as to help sellers with pitching their lines and figuring out their key customers.

Since they've ordered from you before, feel free to offer any tips or advice to the rest of the sellers who plan to pitch here!

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, this is a great discussion started by Jennifer about how to reach out to past Wholesale buyers: https://www.etsy.com/teams/15647/etsy-wholesale/discuss/17457733

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi there, just chiming in to say that we WILL be posting about the Mini Open Calls monthly.

Every first Thursday of the month, we'll post a roundup of the latest seller news, including Mini Open Calls. Keep an eye out for that tomorrow - and make sure you're signed up to receive our Seller Emails, as you'll get this information straight to your inbox that way.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies

Jump to solution
Open call? The Strand? Is there more info on this somewhere? Sorry, I'm new to wholesale.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I didn't see the new open call. Darn it. *goes off to look*

Here it is:

http://etsywholesale.tumblr.com/post/142241804475/mini-open-call-the-strand

We can pitch our products to companies EW selects for a certain month. It helps you perfect your pitch and puts you in front of retailers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Stephanie!

We're loving the excitement for our newest Mini Open Call. It's fantastic that you've already connected with The Strand and your products are selling in their store.

However, I do want to mention that the purpose of the Mini Open Call is to give sellers the chance to get their lines in front of new retailers on Etsy Wholesale. Overall, it's meant to connect these retailers to new sellers they might not know about yet, as well as to help sellers with pitching their lines and figuring out their key customers.

Since they've ordered from you before, feel free to offer any tips or advice to the rest of the sellers who plan to pitch here!

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, this is a great discussion started by Jennifer about how to reach out to past Wholesale buyers: https://www.etsy.com/teams/15647/etsy-wholesale/discuss/17457733

Hope that helps!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Got it, thank you Dana! Figured as much, but you don't know for sure unless you ask. This is the first mini open call I felt like my items would really be a good fit for, so I got a little excited (that's a big "duh!").

Happy Wednesday!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Oh I love The Strand! Nice, that's very cool that they are the current Mini Open Call shop.

Quick Q: will the monthly / periodical Mini Open Call opportunities not be posted here in the EW forum by Admin anymore?

I didn't even know there was a tumblr for EW, and while I just started following it, I honestly don't know that I would have seen this new MOC if there hadn't been this thread about it.

Is it possible to ask that they are also posted here too? Thanks so much!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
^^^What she said. I intermittently check Instagram and saw it there just by chance, but I look at this discussion board every single morning.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hummingbird - omg your shop is adorable!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi there, just chiming in to say that we WILL be posting about the Mini Open Calls monthly.

Every first Thursday of the month, we'll post a roundup of the latest seller news, including Mini Open Calls. Keep an eye out for that tomorrow - and make sure you're signed up to receive our Seller Emails, as you'll get this information straight to your inbox that way.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Thanks Allie!

And Strawberry!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank YOU Allie & yw Humingbird! :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Heads up Etsy:
When completing the open call pitch form the message I received was "Thank you for pitching your line to the store @Mia ....... Winner will be announced March 30th"
Oops!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Thanks, Sandy!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Yes, Sandy - I just submitted my pitch. Then I quickly saw the March 30th date so was wondering.
I guess it needs to be edited to the April date.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi everyone! We've fixed the "Thank You" page on the form, so you should be good to go! Your pitches were correctly received, so no need to worry.

Good luck!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.