Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm stuggling.......

I realize etsy wholesale is in beta and the initial sellers are here to help development with feedback, etc. But, I'm struggling with this a bit. I feel like I'm free-floating in no man's land.

I keep putting time into this with no idea if I'm making any headway or not. I have no idea if anyone is looking at my items; no idea if I need to make adjustments; and I have no idea whether or not it's worth investing more time in this or not. I also have no clue if there are buyers other than the ones brought in by guest passes...........I need a clue to make an informed decision on how much more to invest.

Is etsy wholesale tied to google analytics? How can I see some stats? Are there outside buyers? Is this site being promoted in any way?

I need a buoy please.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
18 Replies

Re: I'm stuggling.......

Renee,
I have put my shop out to the universe as well and have no idea if it is being looked at I understand the frustration. Shops are getting orders so there buyers out there just don't know how many yet.
0 Likes

I did see in another thread that they are looking at adding a way to track stats later on. Hang in there!

xx,
Emma Jane
0 Likes

Ditto.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've gotten four new retailers so far through EW, so there definitely are some buyers. Strangely, it seems like they come in waves - I'll get two orders close together and then nothing for a month and then another two orders. Not sure if that has to do with who EW is letting in or what. However, just when I've thought, "There doesn't seem to be anyone out there," I'll get orders. So, chin up and good luck!!
0 Likes
reVetro
Post Crafter

Same here. We created a line for Wholesale buying but we have no idea if there is any traffic coming to our page! Stats? Have we done this correctly? How are the buyers finding a seller? Clues, hints? Marketing SEO book/tools provided by Etsy team? What's up? Discouraged.
0 Likes

feeling the same. Are sellers doing a lot of promotion on their own, sending out a link to their linesheet, or just waiting for buyers to come?
0 Likes

Me too! Feel lost and honestly have gotten over the huge excitement I had when accepted. Some type of feedback would be great. I don't even know if anyone has looked at my shop. Sell great at retail, not sure what I am doing/not doing right or wrong with the wholesale shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello all,

We just launched Google Analytics integration. This should help you understand how much traffic your wholesale shops are getting.

https://www.etsy.com/teams/15647/wholesale-beta/discuss/13096574/
0 Likes

Cool, I'm going to check this out right now!
0 Likes
reVetro
Post Crafter

not good. in only 2-1/2 months, our line sheet has received 27 views! they were probably us looking at them to figure out what's wrong!

Something is wrong because in the same period our retail store received 15,000+ views.

This Etsy wholesale thing is frustrating. We've asked for help in other threads but no answers.
0 Likes
siennarose36
Registered Buyer

if there is a place for wholesale buyers to enter he discussion from the buyer's side I can't quite figure out how to do it. So just thought We would jump in here.

We have looked at all of the wholesale sites that have the type of products that we sell. Our only hesitation is that it is really hard to get a true feel for merchandise without actually seeing it in person. Texture, color etc are so important and while the photos are good it just isn't the same.

Anyone else on the wholesale end with the same dilemma? And anyone with suggestions on what to do. One vendor suggested buying an item from Etsy retail and then if an order were placed creating an adjustment.

Anne
SIENNA rose
0 Likes
azulado
Registered Buyer

Hi,
Im a seller but I but I understand your concern and what I do with my clients is to agree a minimum selling, so customers can have a few pieces and analyze which pieces they sell better. How is a lower order, the price is agreed to be profitable for both !
0 Likes
ideasinwood
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Anne,

I would recommend emailing the artists that catch your eye. You never know, they might be exhibiting at a wholesale or retail show you could get to, or they might be willing to sell you some samples at wholesale pricing or something. I'm always happy to work with genuine stores that are interested in my products, but want to see them in person before they place an order.

-Hannah
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I am a buyer and from my end of things we isn't very easy to navigate, for me I have found some really great pieces in terms of clothing, bags and jewellery but the options are limited and I found that there is a large minimum order. in my shop specifically I will only carry one or two of each item to keep them exclusive. I'm equally as frustrated!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everybody, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your patience! We are still very much in the free beta period and learning a lot. Please share more feedback about things that you don't like or what you'd like to see more of. It's so helpful for us!

We know our sellers want stats (Google Analytics is now available for your Wholesale account). Could you say what are the most important pieces of info you'd like to see?

For buyers, we've heard a lot of good feedback. We have heard some feedback about things they want too. One of the things a lot of buyers want, for example, is a way to save bookmarks or favorites. They'd like a local filter.

Tyla, it sounds like what you're looking for is more of a consignment arrangement? Correct me if I'm wrong! We'd love to hear more about what you're looking for.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Vanessa,

Im not looking for a consignment arrangement but when I find a wholesaler it doesn't seem like they have a lot on the line sheets, I might be looking at it the wrong way! When I opened my shop this year I bought the majority of the large statement pieces for decorating from Etsy and everyone loves them. I want to support businesses by purchasing their products but a lot of my go to shop that I shop at myself are not on the wholesale site. I know they have good quality products so I am more likely to look at them first. For example - Three Bird Nest had a large assortment of products that it offers, so I have place two orders with them in the last week but it would be nice to to find another supplier as well to be able to bring in different products - does that make sense
0 Likes

Hi Tyla,
As an artist who wholesales, I'm a little confused by your post. Are you asking someone to sell you one or two pieces at a wholesale price? That's not really fair.

I offer a 10% discount in my retail shop if someone purchases 2 or more items. I could never offer a wholesale price for that small of an order. I would go out of business.

I have small opening minimums, 6-12, I know some artists that wouldn't even consider that small of an open to be profitable.

Perhaps the shops you are working with do not really wholesale and that's why they are not current members.

If I am misunderstanding your intent, I hope you can clarify.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Tyla,

You're browsing wholesale linesheets from etsy.com/wholesale right? I want to be sure you're referring to the linesheets you're seeing via the juried Etsy Wholesale marketplace. Most of the designers there should have lots of items on their linesheets.

If you're contacting Etsy sellers via their Etsy shops, tis true, some of them may or may not have the ability to offer wholesale or may only offer a couple items.

Since we're in the early stages of Etsy Wholesale beta, lots of Etsy sellers don't even know about it and haven't even applied yet! So, if you're having a confusing experience as a retailer who searches via regular Etsy - we are so sorry for the confusion!

Let me know if you have any feedback regarding this. What I'm hearing is that you'd like a seller who does wholesale to have a whole line - an assortment of products from you to choose from...
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.