To help you get a better understanding of how many views your linesheet and wholesale products are receiving, we have enabled Google Analytics on these pages.

To get started, you will need to create a Google Analytics account:
http://www.google.com/analytics/

Then you can enable this feature by going to your Vendor Profile: www.etsy.com/wholesale/your/vendor-profile

Enter your Google Analytics Web Property ID in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X. Then preview and save the profile. To view your Analytics, you must sign in to your Google Analytics account. Since Google Analytics works on a delay, you may not see data in your reports for up to 24 hours.

Note, though Google may instruct you to paste a javascript code, this is not necessary to set up analytics for your Etsy Wholesale linesheet.

For additional information, please read our guide "Etsy Web Analytics powered by Google Analytics": https://www.etsy.com/help/article/230
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Google Analytics enabled for wholesale linesheets and products

Hi Hannah,

Either number should work. Only one will be in use. I would keep the current number if it is working for you.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
ideasinwood
Inspiration Seeker

Thank's Spike!
0 Likes

Spike, When I go to content as you advised it shows all the hits by listing I have had. Lets say I have 200 views do I have to scroll down through each and everyone to find a wholesale hit? That is what I am doing now as there doesn't seem to be another way which seems very time consuming. Maybe someone else can chime in as well as to something else that you have to do.

I am seeing a stat in my retail etsy shop etsy.us6.list-manage.com under traffic sources Is that only when they go from wholesale to the retail side?
0 Likes

Another Q about tracking - I'm getting a lot of referrals from blogs, but when I check the back link there isn't a referral to my shop but rather to Etsy in general. Why is this happening?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This is fantastic! Just set it up and can't wait to see if I'm getting views. Great post, so thank you!
0 Likes

Hey Sheri, there's a search box at the top of the list - just type in "wholesale" and all of your referrals will show up! It's right under the graph.

Also, the "Site Content" button is located under the "Behavior" section. Google put the whole interface in the blender, so I'm trying to get used to it again! Took me a few minutes to find.

Between GA and SEO, I'm starting going to go a little CRAZY!
0 Likes

Xenotess thank you so much I can see clearly now.. that at least I hae been getting a few visits
0 Likes

Curious to the amount of traffic that other stores are receiving and if it's in waves?

0 Likes

I haven't been to Analytics in a while (I was looking at the etsy stats instead) and GA is practically unrecognizable to me now. Where is the Content tab? I looked under Behavior like Xenotees suggested, but all I have under there is New vs Returning, Frequency & Recency, and Engagement. Nothing says Site Content anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
0 Likes
reVetro
Post Crafter

Our GA report for Etsy doesn't seem to have broken out the retail page from the line sheet page. Is there something we need to do to enable this information for two different pages?
0 Likes
reVetro
Post Crafter

okay... figured it out. not good. in only 2-1/2 months, our line sheet has received 27 views! they were probably us looking at them to figure out what's wrong!

Something is wrong because in the same period our retail store received 15,000+ views.

This Etsy wholesale thing is frustrating. We've asked for help in other threads but no response. BTW thanks Xenotees for the directions to find data.
0 Likes

This is great!
0 Likes

Ok, finally got it. My views are no good either. Like reVetro said, I'm guessing they are pretty much all me viewing the site as well.
0 Likes

I agree with Jenny, I'm pretty sure that I excluded my IP from GA a number of years ago, but I'm also pretty sure that the views I'm seeing to Esty wholesale are all me - specifically because most of them say 'edit listing' or whatnot. I'm definitely too lazy/busy to bother clicking that deep into GA just to see that I'm the only person looking at my line sheet.
0 Likes
FernBrooklyn
Registered Buyer

Hello and thank you for all of this. I am confused about my GA (which I just set up yesterday so please excuse my impatience). I don't see a "content" tab anywhere but I did type in "wholesale" in the search bar as someone suggested and I do see some activity but am not at all sure which shop (my regular etsy shop or my etsy wholesale shop) it's showing. Is it possible that they've changed google analytics since the instructions were given?

0 Likes

What a boost in confidence! I haven't picked up any wholesale accounts yet, but I just checked my analytics account and searched only pages for my wholesale account and people have been looking! Hooray! :-)

For the people who are getting frustrated (I've seen a lot of "I'm frustrated posts in other threads) about no sales through Etsy Wholesale, don't. This is not typically the time of year when retailers are looking to pick up new lines. If you think about the traditional market dates it might help ease your feelings of frustration. January and July are the two times of the year most retailers do the bulk of the buying/pick up new lines.

Hang in there!

xx,
Emma Jane
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The first thing that google analytics asks is for my website URL. How do I find out my etsy wholesale URL? I don't have an etsy retail shop, only a wholesale shop. Thanks for any response!
0 Likes
HandyHappyShop
Inspiration Seeker

Hello Sonia! thank you so much for this helpful topic!
I've just set up GA profile by adding my retail shop to it but then I am going to vendor profile I see nothing looking like enable this feature option. I found such in my retail shop options and copy/paste the code but I wonder if it will work for wholesale?
What did i do wrong? did i have to add my linesheet to GA instead of my retail shop link?
0 Likes

Hi Lena-

Here is the link on Etsy to help you set-up your shop for GA (you add your retail url/link in GA): https://www.etsy.com/help/article/230

To get to the link above, go to: your shop> options>web analytics (you will need to go there to enter in your GA number)

After GA is set-up, follow the paths below to find your wholesale numbers....the paths are both different.

•behavior>site content>content drill down
Note: There is a folder there marked wholesale. If you click on that, you will see which wholesale pages were looked at. I had to keep clicking on folders within that wholesale folder to lead me to the info...but, it was there. **Note: the wholesale folder can take up to 2 weeks to show up**

•behavior>sitecontent>allpages
Note: There you will see your linesheet, listings, and possibly some other pages. However, you will also see your retail listings there as well.

Both of those paths lead you to the same info, but the first path mentioned might be a quicker way as it filters out the retail listings.
0 Likes

I clicked on the vendor profile link in the first,post and didn't see any field about Google Analytics. What am I missing?

Thanks,
0 Likes

That was from 2013, so it may not be accurate info any longer. If you follow the steps I posted above for Lena, it will work.
0 Likes
HandyHappyShop
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you very much Jennifer! I had no problems with setting up retail part, I was wondering what should I do for the wholesale analytics. But I believe it will work now thanking to our explanations!
0 Likes

If you set up GA for EW, does that mess up your GA for Etsy retail? Pretty sure that's what happened to me ...

When is Etsy going to give us Etsy stats for EW?
0 Likes

Tana- I can see both the retail stats and wholesale stats. Are you thinking that maybe it combines the views of retail/wholesale to reach an overall total views number? For me, I'm not too concerned about my overall number, I mainly want to know how many views a paricular item has received, and where my views are coming from (the referral stats on GA).
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.