Google Analytics enabled for wholesale linesheets and products

To help you get a better understanding of how many views your linesheet and wholesale products are receiving, we have enabled Google Analytics on these pages.

To get started, you will need to create a Google Analytics account:
http://www.google.com/analytics/

Then you can enable this feature by going to your Vendor Profile: www.etsy.com/wholesale/your/vendor-profile

Enter your Google Analytics Web Property ID in this format: UA-XXXXXXX-X. Then preview and save the profile. To view your Analytics, you must sign in to your Google Analytics account. Since Google Analytics works on a delay, you may not see data in your reports for up to 24 hours.

Note, though Google may instruct you to paste a javascript code, this is not necessary to set up analytics for your Etsy Wholesale linesheet.

For additional information, please read our guide "Etsy Web Analytics powered by Google Analytics": https://www.etsy.com/help/article/230
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
48 Replies

Re: Google Analytics enabled for wholesale linesheets and products

Wow, thanks so much. This really a great addition. I also wanted to say thanks to all of you who keep coming back to answer our questions
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank YOU for being awesome and doing all the hard work to create the items on Etsy Sherry!
0 Likes

Just want to clarify - If you already have GA enabled in your Etsy Shop, we will pre-populate your Vendor Profile with the same GA Web Property ID.

When you sign into your Google Analytics account, you will see two new fields for traffic to /wholesale/product/ and /wholesale/vendor/.../linesheet. Please note it may take up to 24 hours for this data to appear in your reports.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Sonia for replying to my convo so quickly! Looking forward to seeing if anyone is actually viewing my Wholesale offerings...fingers crossed!
0 Likes

Can't wait to take a look.
0 Likes

That's great! Thank you! Now I need to really work on understanding google analytics, lol!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sonia Kedzierski from SoniaHeartsHoops says
Just want to clarify - If you already have GA enabled in your Etsy Shop, we will pre-populate your Vendor Profile with the same GA Web Property ID.

When you sign into your Google Analytics account, you will see two new fields for traffic to /wholesale/product/ and /wholesale/vendor/.../linesheet. Please note it may take up to 24 hours for this data to appear in your reports.

-------------------

Hi Sonia

I have a question - I created a separate profile for my wholesale account. Should I not have done that? I think I was seeing myself on my etsy retail storefront earlier and was surprised as it seems to have crossed over.

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm so glad I popped in to check the threads:) Thank you guys very much!!!!
0 Likes

Awesome, thank you!!
0 Likes

Sonia, I don't see any different information when I log in to GA and I am currently linked with my Etsy Shop. Am I not seeing it or is there something more that I have to do?
0 Likes

Thank you! Not up yet, but will check back in 24 hours!
0 Likes

I don't track my regular Etsy shop, but I did as you explained and now I am tracking my Wholesale line sheets. Only I have a feeling that it is not tracking my line sheets but rather my shop. Is that possible? I just see according to the traffic source that some reached me through a blog I was mentioned in - but there was no back link to my line sheets from that blog, so that would be impossible. I am confused.... Also, it says some of the people came from a newsletter, which newsletter would that be?
Thanks!
0 Likes

I just checked my Analytics and it's there. Thanks! This will be so useful.

sheriberyl, if you don't see anything is probably because you haven't had visits since the feature was implemented. I had to go into my wholesale and click on my linesheet and profile, only to create data to be shown on Google Analytics. Try that and in a couple minutes later you should see a visit in you analytics (unless you have your IP excluded from the data it shows).
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Ragga,

Your Google Analytics token is shared between wholesale and retail. You should use one.
0 Likes

Hi Spike, could you answer my question above? Thanks!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Elisheva,

By adding your Google Analytics code to your wholesale shop you are now tracking both your retail and wholesale activity. There is one GA code for both. The website has been updated to tell you that the code is shared. So yeah, you are probably seeing traffic to your main shop. You will see pages with "/wholesale" at the beginning of the URL if people are viewing your wholesale shop.

For the newsletter question I think, but I'm not sure, that this is referring to customers that clicked through Etsy marketing emails to land on your store.
0 Likes

Thanks for the info Soledad, I saw a view in real time so I know that is is now linked.

Spike not wanting to sound like a duffus but I am technically challenged where do I see those stats broken out from my regular shop?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Sheri,

To look at your wholesale stats you can use Google Analytics in a few different ways. Here is one simple way:

1. Log in to GA (https://www.google.com/analytics click "access google analytics").
2. Click into your Etsy website "All Website Data" link
3. On the left hand side there will be a "content" tab, click into that.
4. Click into content overview.
5. You will now see a list of pages that people visited. The ones with /wholesale are wholesale pages.

You can explore the rest of the Content tab in Google Analytics to see more of this stuff. Honestly I don't use GA myself so I am not super familiar with how to set it up.
0 Likes

Thank you so much Spike!, I am not one with it either.
0 Likes

Thanks! You all always answer so fast....
0 Likes

My wholesale is still not showing up in GA, I checked the way Spike suggested, could it be that there is just no recent action on my wholesale linesheet?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Lisa,

I just viewed https://www.etsy.com/wholesale/product/77918/820574/ a few times to make sure that you have some data in your GA. It should show up within 24 hours, or sooner on the "realtime" GA section.
0 Likes

marking ~ thank you!!
0 Likes
ideasinwood
Inspiration Seeker

I didn't read this whole thread before I created a new GA number and attached it to my Etsy wholesale profile. This morning I realized that it was tracking traffic to my retail shop as well as wholesale shop. The weird thing is that it's tracking way more information than my old GA number that is attached to my retail shop. Does this mean I probably didn't have my retail shop GA number set up properly? Or have I just confused the back end of Etsy with having two numbers? Any idea which one I should delete?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.