Former_Member
Not applicable

Etsy Wholesale 2015 Tradeshow Opportunities

Jump to solution
Hi, all!

After months of planning, we are excited to announce our return to both the National Stationery Show and NY NOW® Summer Market. We’ll be focusing in our trade show program on these two premiere events for 2015, and look forward to showcasing a selection of Etsy Wholesale designers in the stationery, gift and lifestyle categories.

National Stationery Show
http://nationalstationeryshow.com
May 17-20, 2015
Javits Center, NYC

Last year, we supported over 64 of our exhibiting Etsy Wholesale designers at NSS with a robust marketing program. This year, we are building on that momentum with a dedicated Etsy Wholesale section within #fresh at NSS. This will be a consolidated, Etsy Wholesale branded area for our designers, including an information booth with a buyer application area. We’ll also continue to support Etsy Wholesale designers exhibiting across the show floor with marketing to tie it all together.

NY NOW® Summer Market
http://nynow.com
August 15-19, 2015
Javits Center, NYC

Our debut at NY NOW® in August 2014 was a great success, and we are thrilled to return this year with our Etsy Wholesale Pavilion. We’ll be exhibiting again in the Javits Connector en route to the handmade section with a select group of designers. The Pavillion will include a buyer lounge with application area as well. We’ll also be bringing back a new and improved version of our marketing program for designers independently exhibiting throughout the show.

If you are an Etsy Wholesale Seller interested in these opportunities, please visit the following link to apply BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13 for consideration and further info:
http://www.etsy.me/tradeshows

Stay tuned for an update this Spring on Etsy Wholesale Sellers exhibiting at NSS and NY NOW®!

Questions?
Please contact wholesalesupport@etsy.com

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Etsy Wholesale 2015 Tradeshow Opportunities

Jump to solution
Hi Lauren!

Thanks for your interest in being contacted when additional trade show opportunities come up.

Due to the nature of the marketplace, we can't individually contact members that have shown interest in trade shows if new opportunities arise. That being said, we mention all opportunities that are open to our members on this Forum, as well as our Wholesale blog here: http://etsywholesale.tumblr.com/

I suggest checking back every so often to these areas (every 1 or 2 weeks to give a quick glance) to see if any new opportunities have been mentioned.

Thanks so much!
Dana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Jill! I had answered you via Convo, but I wanted to post this here as well - after much thought about our goals for the upcoming year, we will not be participating in trade shows for 2016. Instead, we're focusing our efforts on additional opportunities for Wholesale sellers.

However, we're still offering marketing support for sellers participating in NY NOW and NSS. If (or once) you've secured a booth space and want to be included in this marketing, please email or Convo me which show you're participating in along with your booth number so I can take your information down! You can email directly at wholesalesupport@etsy.com.

To keep up to date with new Etsy Wholesale opportunities and events, please take a moment to sign up for our newsletter if you haven't already: www.etsy.com/wholesale/intro#newsletter-signup

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
How many spots for Etsy shopkeepers will there be at each show?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
When will Etsy sellers be notified?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Deva and Jill,

Thanks for your questions!

The number of spaces for NSS is currently unlimited, as sellers chosen for this show will be chosen by the NSS committee directly. For NY NOW, we're accepted 20-22 sellers for the hallway to show with us.

If you're accepted for NY NOW, you'll be notified by April 15th. For NSS, since you're contracting spaces directly through them (instead of through Etsy Wholesale like sellers will for NY NOW), you'll be notified almost immediately by the NSS committee. If you have questions about their approval process, you'll need to reach out to them directly.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Just wondering if there are any plans for those of us on the West Coast? I'm not really too familiar with tradeshows, are they primarily in NYC or do they ever have ones that are near Los Angeles/Las Vegas/San Francisco/etc at all?

Thanks!
0 Likes
ZAAINA
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
I have the same question as Krystal. I am from Arizona, and I would love to participate in the trade shows and if there are any on the west coast.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Greetings,
I am with Purvi and Krystal on this...we West Coasters would love a trade show on the left coast please! Also, I saw a tweet this morning that there is still time to apply for inclusion in the National Stationary Show Etsy section. Is this possible? TIA, Kristeen
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Etsy sellers,

My name is Sandra Dejanovic and I'm behind Happy French Gang, a textile company combining French vision with California creation. My collection of textiles (mostly throws & pillows) is hand-dyed and made in San Francisco.(Please look on www.happyfrenchgang.com if you wanna see the full collection, my Etsy account is not updated right now)

Unfortunately I discover that thread a month after it was posted and it's too late to apply! so sad! I want to participate to the NY Now show in August and I need an other maker (or two) to share it with me. My collection is made with colorful pastel colors and I had in mind to find a ceramist who works with neutral colors.

Last January I went in New York to walk the show. I had the opportunity to meet different makers in different part of the shows, I discussed with small retailers that walk the show every year but also with buyers from ABC Carpet & Home, I almost did the show with a sales rep (long story) and met some people who manage NY Now.

All that combined I've learned a lot and I have many information about the competition, good booths location, shipping, set up, prices, ....

There are different sections in the show (handmade, kids,..) but THE section I want to be if it's not 'handmade' part with Etsy, is called 'Accent'. This is the only space where I want to have a booth if I have to do it alone and of course there is a concours which a Jury composed by buyers of stores and designers. Just to give you a general idea, this booth cost $5200 with hard walls. I'm happy to give more info about that if you wish.

If you are ready to do the show and think your products might be a good fit with mine, please contact me asap.

I hope to hear from some of you soon!
Sandra
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Krystal, Purvi and Kristeen! Thanks for your interest in participating with Etsy Wholesale in trade shows out west.

This is definitely something for us to consider in the future, but for now (since we're still pretty new), we're focusing just on NY NOW and NSS. If we do start looking into other trade show opportunities and have chances for sellers to do shows elsewhere, we'll most certainly update everyone to let them know.

Thanks!
0 Likes
FernBrooklyn
Registered Buyer

Jump to solution
Damn missed this opportunity. So behind in my etsy wholesale stuff. Will come to the show and visit your booth this summer!
0 Likes
reVetro
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
Will there be collateral marketing material for those EW shops who do not get curated into the NY show at the August event? It would be nice for all EW shops to get exposure in some small way. It's been so difficult to understand or find the time to make use of EW...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Kelly and Leslie!

We will be offering additional marketing for EW vendors who are at NY NOW, but aren't showing with us on the pavilion. If you've already applied and been accepted to NY NOW and have your booth information, please send it along to us at wholesalesupport@etsy.com so we can add your information to our notes for this. If you haven't yet and plan on applying to NY NOW on your own, you can write to us at your earliest convenience with that information so we have your info.

Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Howdy from Texas

Austin would be a great venue, no?

and thanks,
kelly
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi there! It's been exciting to follow and hear about the Etsy Wholesale vendors currently exhibiting their wares at NYNOW as we speak! I wonder if there is a way to be notified as when we new Etsy Wholesalers might apply to be part of the Etsy Wholesale group at the next NYNOW and NSS shows? Thanks so much.
Lauren
Wandering Laur Fine Art
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Lauren!

Thanks for your interest in being contacted when additional trade show opportunities come up.

Due to the nature of the marketplace, we can't individually contact members that have shown interest in trade shows if new opportunities arise. That being said, we mention all opportunities that are open to our members on this Forum, as well as our Wholesale blog here: http://etsywholesale.tumblr.com/

I suggest checking back every so often to these areas (every 1 or 2 weeks to give a quick glance) to see if any new opportunities have been mentioned.

Thanks so much!
Dana
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Are there any trade shows planned in 2016?
Thanks!
Astrid
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi there, Astrid! Thanks for asking about this.

We haven't solidified any plans yet, but will be updating the Wholesale community through our conversation channels in the seller newsletter, our blog, and these Forums as soon as we have more information for you.

We also suggest that sellers sign up for our newsletter (if you haven't yet) so this is automatically sent to your email when we do send announcements. You can sign up here by hitting the "Subscribe" button: https://www.etsy.com/wholesale/intro#newsletter-signup

Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Dana, Will etsy wholesale be participating at NY NOW in 2016?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi Jill! I had answered you via Convo, but I wanted to post this here as well - after much thought about our goals for the upcoming year, we will not be participating in trade shows for 2016. Instead, we're focusing our efforts on additional opportunities for Wholesale sellers.

However, we're still offering marketing support for sellers participating in NY NOW and NSS. If (or once) you've secured a booth space and want to be included in this marketing, please email or Convo me which show you're participating in along with your booth number so I can take your information down! You can email directly at wholesalesupport@etsy.com.

To keep up to date with new Etsy Wholesale opportunities and events, please take a moment to sign up for our newsletter if you haven't already: www.etsy.com/wholesale/intro#newsletter-signup

Thanks!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.