Do buyers get penalized at all for late payments?

I made a mistake and forgot to send out an invoice after updating a purchase order. So when I did send out the invoice I didn't think to correct the payment due date. The buyer paid as soon as they received the invoice (about 10 days I think after the "due date") but later on I was thinking that I wonder if this "late" payment counts against them? I don't want to get my buyer in any sort of trouble because of a mistake on my end.

It would be helpful if I had a way to set up reminders....maybe something like if I don't send an invoice 24 hours after updating a purchase order, that perhaps I could be emailed to be reminded to send an invoice?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Do buyers get penalized at all for late payments?

Hi Krystal!

Buyers only get penalized if you as a seller write in, letting us know that a buyer has not paid for their invoice even though you've requested it from them. There's no automatic way that a buyer's account is "marked" if they're late in providing payment. That being said, non payments for purchase orders is grounds for removal on the Wholesale platform, so if a buyer doesn't pay even after you've reached out to them, please don't hesitate to let us know!

An automatic reminder is a great idea, and one that we're aware of as requested by sellers. It's on our list of features to consider for future updates to the platform. We appreciate hearing your feedback, and definitely let us know here, or at wholesalesupport@etsy.com if you have more ideas for us to consider!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.