Can we do this?

Jump to solution
Can we present a digital wholesale info listing to potential customers browsing our regular retail Etsy shop? I have a lot of inquiries that come in from my regular Etsy shop from wholesale buyers on how to purchase wholesale from me. I often wonder how many more wholesale sales I could get from potential browsing wholesale buyers who didn't have/take the time to ask.
For example, can I created an immediate digital download listing in my regular Etsy shop where they would immediately get a file that has my wholesale terms, creator bio, etc. written on it (that would be the tangible item they would get to make the listing legit) and it will also provide the guest pass link to my Etsy Wholesale?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can we do this?

Jump to solution
Hi Molly - Your idea is great and you are absolutely permitted to create a digital listing as you described.

I would not suggest putting a guest pass link to your linesheet in your Etsy about page or announcement, but rather to ask potential buyers to request access from you.

The idea of the guest pass is that you only give it to buyers you trust since the linesheet contains your business policies and wholesale prices. It may cause confusion for your regular buyers to see the same items for a different price.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

Jump to solution
Thanks for the awesome suggestion, Molly! We know how important it is to let buyers browsing your retail Etsy shop know that you offer wholesale - we are working on ways to give them the information they need. More exciting news on this to come!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Molly's suggestion is awesome. Thanks for considering bridging the gap between shops

I currently have an announcement in my retail shop that I am part of etsy wholesale. I just don't know if anyone is reading it. :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Cool! Can I do my example until Etsy reveals the exciting news?
(I'm looking for an admin's written approval here.)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I was just thinking about the possibility of having a live link to wholesale in our shop about pages.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Molly - Your idea is great and you are absolutely permitted to create a digital listing as you described.

I would not suggest putting a guest pass link to your linesheet in your Etsy about page or announcement, but rather to ask potential buyers to request access from you.

The idea of the guest pass is that you only give it to buyers you trust since the linesheet contains your business policies and wholesale prices. It may cause confusion for your regular buyers to see the same items for a different price.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Oh, awesome idea!! But, then that link would not be private...? Good point there. hmmmm......
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This is a great idea. I probably wont link to my policies but this is an excellent idea to bring in traffic from regular etsy shops.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.