TheMoonLane
Inspiration Seeker

Aftership

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has managed to get any sense from Etsy about Aftership? Etsy uses Aftership to track sent items, but apparently it doesn't work with Royal Mail. If you add Royal Mail tracking, Etsy doesn't update it. It looks like you are sending items that never arrive.

My shop has been placed in a reserve because of this. Customer Support has told me that funds will be released to me when items are shown as being in transit according to Etsy. But because the site doesn't update Royal Mail tracking, the funds don't get released. To get paid I have to contact Etsy support and ask them to check the tracking on an external site. 

When I have queried this with Etsy support I get truly ridiculous responses like: try using a tracked service. I do use Royal Mail tracked services. Couriers like FedEx/Dpd are really expensive and Evri is unreliable. Telling UK sellers not to use Royal Mail is like telling sellers in the US not to use USPS. 

From other forums it seems that many UK sellers are being placed in reserve despite having excellent records. Meanwhile Etsy continues to trash their businesses because its own website doesn't work properly.

There isn't a phone number for Etsy any longer and the Chat function has disappeared. 

If I contact Etsy support I receive cut and pasted responses that don't answer my queries in any way. I am beginning to think Etsy support is mostly bots. 

It is really concerning that there is a problem like this with the way the site works and that it is causing good sellers to be placed in reserve. And that there seems to be no way to get any sense out of Etsy about it. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.