I'm in the team spotlight this week!!

To share all of our successes, tell us your best photography tip!
Mine is practice! I just keep working to find the sweet spot with lighting, settings on my camera, and tweaking photos on the computer.

Re: your best photograpy tip

I personally find that a nice contrasting background to enhance your product works best. But it has to be a good neutral. Try natural textures( like wood with a nice grain, distressed white wood or burlap fabric). If your product is rich in color avoid a very bright background. Remember, blue and green(or what have you) might work great for for an outfit, but in a product picture one bright color always takes always from the other. :)
Also, shoot a 100 pictures even if you need only 1. Like a lot of folks mentioned earlier, practice is key. Try various angles. Soon you will figure out what angle works best and this could help you get consistency throughout your shop's photography. It is helpful as a customer to visualise different products in the same way versus having too many themes to wade thru.

This thread is great! Thanks for the great advice everyone.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Outside in the sunshine with a green trees and grass - the contrast with our copper items is lovely!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

PLAIN BACKGROUNDS FOR THE WIN :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My problem is the large signs I make. How do I photo these to show a whole sign that is 7x30" so that the words are easily seen? I only have an IPhone to use. I'm particularly concerned about showing the whole size when a person first gets a look on my shop page. Thanks
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.