Former_Member
Not applicable

usps mailing using etsy

I hve tried to mail a couple items using Etsy. I put in all the informaiton and the weight, print off the postage. When I double check at the post office, it appears I don't have enough postage.

Does Etsy provide a discount and free shipping conifrmation?

Thanks you so much. I looked but couldn't find the answer in the blogs and owners guidelines.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: usps mailing using etsy

yes, etsy gets the same discount that you would get using the usps website. it's a discount for purchasing online.

the only reason you wouldn't have enough postage is if your scale wasn't weighing right, or you were tipping over the next ounce point when you put your shipping label on.
0 Likes

Etsy uses commercial rates, which is cheaper than if you pay for postage over the counter at the post office.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How many pieces of jewelry were you mailing?

I can mail several pairs of earrings for under 3 oz. which costs $1.69 if you print from Etsy.
0 Likes

Yes, tracking is included free of charge when using Etsy shipping labels. It's great!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ok Thank you everyone. I .was sending 2oz for $1.69. I guess I was ok due to the discount.

I appreciate everyone's help!!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I like to double check the weight at the post office at the self-service kiosk before I list. Is it possible the weight of your box and packaging supplies are messing with your price estimates?
0 Likes

Tracy,

$1.69 is absolutely correct! I ship 2 or 3 ounce packages in the US all the time, and that is the proper postage amount, with free tracking included.
0 Likes

I do all my shipping through Etsy. A single card and all its' packaging weighs about 2 oz. I considered mailing my single cards flat letter rate for about 89 cents or so to save money (but I can't print the label through Etsy). Then I realized it wouldn't include delivery confirmation, which is important to me. I'd have to write out my own label and bring the package to the P.O. and pay extra for delivery confirmation. It's cheaper to do it all through Etsy.
0 Likes

Make sure you always round UP when calculating weights for USPS postage. If your postage scale reads 2.01 ounces, the PO will charge postage for 3 ounces. Really.
0 Likes

Tana, very true. Luckily the rate for 2 oz. is the same as 3 oz. (up to 3 oz is $1.69).Once you go over 3 oz the rates go up but not too much.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.