Former_Member
Not applicable

rebelmouse

Okay, so I know there's been a lot of buzz about this site lately for promotion. I gave it a shot today and linked my shop's facebook page to it, and "published" a bunch of the things on my feed.
Within 2 minutes, I had 34 views from rebelmouse? Is this for real, or was that just rebelmouse (the website itself) checking out my shop. Feels wayyyy too good to be true!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
23 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: rebelmouse

Hmmm....
Never heard of the site before
0 Likes
DingandKennie
Inspiration Seeker

I've heard of Rebelmouse but that's about it.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I get over 50 views a day from rebelmouse and my Twitter is connected to it. I was getting views from them before I joined and linked my accounts. They are legit views.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

any insight into how it works (I'm a little confused!) :)
My understanding is that it pulls from my facebook page potential stories, and then I can choose to "publish" them to my front page so other people can see - is that right?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I signed up, and only get 1-2 views from them a day. I need to do whatever you all are doing :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It's just more social media, I only worry about views when they actually buy ;)
0 Likes

Exactly Jaqueline, if I get tons of new views AND sales, then I get excited!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've currently got the tons of views and no sales things going on. Since this is going on right after I've revamped and added close to 100 new items, I hope it bodes well. But views are just that. Views.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

*Your Social Front Page*
RebelMouse uses the content you share to simply and beautifully create your site. The things you share on social networks, find on the Web (using our Stick bookmarklet), and even your own original content are now collected on one, dynamic site that represents your social identity. Customize your RebelMouse and make it your own by:
* moving around and editing stories on your front page
* creating new stories from the bookmarklet or adding your original content with the 'Add Story' button
* freezing posts you care about towards the top of your page
* checking your drafts (in your dashboard) to see if you'd like to publish those stories
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

WOAH!

I just signed up and got 64 hits in like 5 minutes.

Cant be real.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The best way that I can explain it is that your page is sorta like an online newspaper and the pieces that you publish (your social media messages) are like articles that people skim over and click to read when they find something interesting.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The good side to it being, any views are still good views. Traffic is traffic etc. The more who see you, the more likely you are to make that sale. And I wouldn't say it is "fake" I'd just keep in mind it's a portal with surfers and not shoppers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sorry, I should have specified when I used the word "fake"! The weird part was that rebelmouse told me I hadn't gotten traffic from those things, but etsy said within 2 minutes, every post I had made on my facebook page that had one of my items listed was viewed. It was almost as if the site was checking to see if they were really legit or something....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

No, its fake -- a robot just clicked on every listing in my shop....
No actual person saw my things...and I doubt any real person will see my posts from my rebelmouse page.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I can't figure out how to find other people or posts on there as well, so I'm not sure how other people are going to find me, either.

I am so social media illiterate!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I will have to check it to!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Amanda Jo, the idea is that its one place for all your social media efforts to be on one page. If you look on mine http://www.rebelmouse.com/dirtygirldesigns/ you'll see my FB updates, Twitter posts, Foursquare, Instagram, and I forget what other thousands of things it pulls in. I sort of see it as a profile page to my social media life, instead of following me all over the net, someone could go to my RebelMouse page and see all at once how boring my life is.
0 Likes

I've just signed up - love the way it looks, but agree that I'm not sure how it's going to benefit me!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Haha Jacqueline, that's a great way of putting it! :P
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm afraid my over-saturation with social media is starting to take a toll on my patience. I feel that traffic is great, and anything that drives it up is good, it makes you more visible, which right now, I'm all for. But at the same time, I feel like the next step is my toilet notifying Twitter when I piddle. I'm just kinda up to here with all of it, but if I back off, and don't keep up with the newest fads, my shop is totally going to be even more lost in the shuffle than it already is.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I know what you mean--I keep hearing that social media is the way to get your name out there, and that's great, but I'm getting so sick of finding different sites, making a presence on them, keeping up with everything...it's nuts!
I actually shut down my tumblr because, at the end of the day, I had gotten one sale from it and wasted way to much time trying to come up with plucky, interesting things to say.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Man, I feel you all here. I feel like I spent WAY more time online, here on Etsy or on other social media sites - just trying to keep up with it all.

I miss the days when my big focus was MAKING things for my shop - not trying to represent my shop on EVERY social media site from here to Timbuktu!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have a hit and miss with it, I've had total strangers "like" my business page, then turn around and buy things. Which is great and proves that SM does indeed work, but it's so time consuming that at the end of it, I can't figure out when I'm supposed to create. And since with my stuff, most of my designs are done with a computer, I feel like my computer is simply an extension to my fingers.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.