"reply to message within 24 hours" criteria for Star Seller

I was not sure where to post this- I hope this is the right place.

I qualified for Star Seller in October & then it was taken away for November (and it looks like December) because Etsy says I failed to respond to one message in 24 hours. Knowing I had replied quickly to everything, I downloaded my message history. The message in question is at the tail end of a long series of messages for a custom order from a repeat buyer- it's just a final thanks that did not require a reply (I already thanked her several times- thanking her yet again for her thanks feels kind of like harassing her to me).

It looks like Etsy penalizes us for not continuing a chain of email endlessly or always having the last word (even when it is neither necessary not appropriate). I think this is a real problem and needs to be looked into. Not getting star seller for the Christmas season will hurt my sales, and not getting it because I didn't continue a chain of emails infinitely is completely arbitrary and serves no one. Is Etsy looking into this? Where is it possible to address with with Etsy?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
5 Replies

Re: "reply to message within 24 hours" criteria for Star Seller

Your concern is legitimate. Did you contact anyone at Etsy? I wonder if they are using an automated system that can’t interpret a situation in which the customer’s response is last for good reason.

0 Likes

This happened to me too!! I’m so upset I didn’t receive it for November!

0 Likes
Banba
Inspiration Seeker

That is exactly what happened to me. I have been an etsy seller for 11 years and am so angry that I may close both of my shops over this. Wake up corporate robots !

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.