need help with tags

Hi everyone! I have been selling on etsy for a year now. I am TRYING to increase traffic to my shop but am really getting confused regarding the tag words. I have been doing research (checking out others tags) and notice some people use a full phrase "special needs bibs" while others use a partial phrase or combination of phrases "youth teen bibs" "adult bibs" . Can/would you take a look at my tag words/phrases and give me your constructive advise as to which way is better? Thanks in advance!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: need help with tags

I know you're specifically targeting a market, but it may be a bit too niche (but you know your market better - it may be quite big!), and you might want to try casting you net a bit wider. You may want to add 'baby bibs' related tags for good measure.

Here are some tags I found:
- baby bibs handmade
- baby bibs personalized (if you offer them)
- bandana bib
- dribble bibs (I think this is a particularly good one)
- toddler bib
- baby bibs girl
- baby bibs cute
- baby bibs boy
- baby bandana bib
- teething bib

You can of course keep your descriptions and everything focused on disabled people, but your bibs can be used by others as well, so why not?

Also, remember that your tags are what people have to be searching for to find products. For example, one of your tags is 'swallowing problem', which is not really something a customer (emphasis being on 'customer') would search for (I did a search and there were very few results). If a person did have a swallowing problem, they would come onto Etsy looking for a particular method/product to help them, so think along those lines.

All the best! :)
0 Likes

Re: need help with tags

Alicia;

thanks so much for the info, I am writing it down and will take it to heart.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.