iphone photography

I need help! I'll try and make a long long story short, due to circumstances and fate I have had to resort to using my iphone for my photos. A reality that is not soon to change eithe. I know lots of people do this and end up with beautiful photos, but no mater what I do I seem to get fuzzy detail, hazzy light, and frustration over load. I was just getting used to my reg. Camera and working out its kinks, now I have to start all over again. Please I am open to any and all suggestions! Thank you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: iphone photography

I had a the same problem a while back. The best thing for it was taking pictures outside. You could also try making a light box.
Photobucket.com has really good editing tools to help with your pics. For the fuzzy bits try sharpening the pic.
Hope this helps some and good luck :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use my iPhone, a light box and a light with a daylight bulb.

The light at this time of year in the UK is terrible for photography.

I still have to upload the pictures and sharpen the image, but it seems to work ok.
0 Likes
TagsForTails
Inspiration Seeker

I edit my photos with Gimp...its a free program you can download, similar to Photoshop. I also made a photobooth box out of two pieces of foam core (so its pure white inside and reflects light) and it has vellum on the sides so diffused light can come through. No one has to know I photograph my work on the hood of my '87 Nissan pickup! ;-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If I had an iPhone I would definitely use the camera, just because I'm having to borrow someone elses camera at the moment
0 Likes

All of my photos are taken using an iphone. I currently take them with an iphone 5s. The key to getting a nice photo is all about lighting. I take mine in a diy light box, leaving two sides open. I have my sunlight shine in to hit my item on the side and the front of the box is open for me to take the picture. I then edit using an iphone app called afterglow. Some photos I further edit using ipiccy.com.

I think my photos look pretty good and they look way better than when I was using my old cannon digital camera.
0 Likes

i use camera+ on my iphone so it's easy to alter the light levels when you're taking the picture, then as has been mentioned i use gimp to touch up slightly.
0 Likes
SophiesKnitStuff
Inspiration Seeker

I use my ipod touch which I think may be similar to iphone camera. made a lightbox which is suitable for items that are not too big, found a tutorial on YouTube using the largest cardboard box I could find and cut up a white sheet, with desk lamps on both sides.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think what you need is good lightings for taking photos and post-editing.
For me, using phone to take photos need more lights than using a mirror-less camera.

And for post-editing, all the apps mentioned by others are great. I use Picasa and Photoshop CS5 myself.

Cheers,
Khin
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.