Former_Member
Not applicable

Why my listing cannot be found??

I am a new seller and just opened my shop yesterday. But no matter how hard I search on Etsy with my tags or titles, I couldn't find my listing!! I browsed more than 50 pages under searching results, couldn't find it. Only if I search my shop name directly then my shop appears. Is there anything wrong with my tags or title? I am really frustrated, any advice will be appreciated!!!

Here is my listing:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/581552166/custom-portrait-personalize-cartoon-diy?ref=listings_manager_...
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

Re: Why my listing cannot be found??

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Sara. Did you search my title directly?
0 Likes
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

Yep
0 Likes

on your tags, you can add more in instead of just cartoon, you can add personalized cartoon, i know they are not charactures spelled wrong, but you might add that in as a lot of people might think in that direction, and then be like wow this is even better than i was thinking.
like i make mugs, mostly, and i can use tags like "pottery coffee mug" as 1 tag. so look at adding a few more words to describe your item. look for shops that are similar and scroll to the bottom of their listing and see what their tag words are. fernan2uarez is a shop you might look at for tag words, they have sold about 100, but similar enough to see what they are adding as far as tags.
also you need to up your price :) everyone else i see similar to yours, and i like yours better than most... they are at the very least twice as much. up your price add free shipping or the option of a digital ?
good luck! keep on keeping on!
0 Likes

Hi Judy,
You've got lots of great drawings. I think you should create a separate listing for each one so that you 1. have more items for people to see straight away when they visit your shop, and 2. can use even more keyword phrases in your titles and tags, meaning that you'll have more options relating to what people may be searching for.
Good luck :)

Oh, and I pinned your listing https://cz.pinterest.com/mairidesign/etsy-finds-sharing-the-love/
0 Likes
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

If you are looking for better search placement, the first thing I'd do is take DIY illustration or DIY portrait out of your title and change your shop name.

You aren't offering a DIY product (unless I'm really misunderstanding your item description). DIY means do it yourself - implying that you provide something that the customer completes on their own.

If I were looking for a custom portrait, I'd completely avoid all mentions of DIY because I don't want to do it myself.
0 Likes

The DIY is a bit confusing. You are making customized and personalized portraits, unless you are providing instructions on how to draw this yourself.
You should add information to your profile, add an about page, policies.
Make sure all the words and phrases in your tags are also in your title and descriptions.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone! Do you love sexy lingerie ?
Visit our LQ store ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
https://www.etsy.com/listing/595939193/balconette-bra-soft-cup-bra-sheer-bra?ref=pr_shop
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.