Former_Member
Not applicable

Why Am I Not Selling Stuff?!

I've been at this etsy thing for a little over a month now (close to 6 weeks) and have only had 4 sales. I sell prints on groopdealz and other discount boutique sites and do really well. I have joined the etsy wholesale too. I get traction, but buyers are scarce. Any tips?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Why Am I Not Selling Stuff?!

Well, considering you've only been open for 6 weeks, you are actually doing very well. A lot of shops, myself included, don't make any sales for a few months.

Make sure you are using all 13 keywords. 2-3 keywords are best and should reflect your title.
I love the look of your shop, very clean and such cute things! Good Luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You are doing pretty good, it takes time and hard work to make consistent sales on Etsy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragement ya'll!! I appreciate it. I will keep pluggin along!
0 Likes
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

There are a few issues I'd address:

1. You could do better with SEO; read a basic tutorial on how to tag and title for Etsy's Relevancy search, to start.

2. There is no need for so much of each listing to be boilerplate, and it could hurt your google standing; most of that stuff can go in your policies.

3. You are responsible for lost packages (the payment processors you use, paypal and Etsy's Direct checkout, cover the buyer in case of lost packages).

4. In general your designs and photos are nice, but I might try a few that are closer in on the actual print, just to see if a closeup gets more views.

5. You appear to not have any policies. Really you need some policies :)

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I like your shop! The quality of photos is high and all items are keeped within one style. I think it's a really good start with 4 sales.

But as for me, the only negatvie moment is shipping - You are not shipping worldwide, so potential market is not touched.

Good luck :)
0 Likes
SageAndStoneShop
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having scarce sales as well, would anyone be willing to check out my shop and give me a few pointers as well? I would be really grateful!
0 Likes

Meri, you have a huuuuuuge amount of competitors creating the same kind of products, so you need to be creative and work hard to stand out from the crowd.
Plus all of the advice given above.
And I agree with what others said: you are already doing well for a starting Etsy seller.
Remember there are almost 1.5 million shops on Etsy and it is your job to bring customers to your shop. Etsy does not do that for us.
So, after bringing your shop in perfect shape, you want to focus on marketing.
0 Likes

My shop is doing very low ... I do not know what I do wrong. = ( Any advice? Please?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been on here for years, and have not sold over 200 items. Right now I am selling NOTHING! Super frustrated.
0 Likes

Hi Dove,

I think you would benefit from reshooting your photos. Some of them are quite yellow tinged or very dark and some of them are a bit blurry. I would also include pictures of your wire wrapped rings on a hand.

Here is a great blog post about product photography:
http://www.hollybooth.com/blog/how-to-style-your-product-photos

Hope that helps!

Hi Aline,

Could you print out your designs and take a photo of the physical print instead of using entirely photoshopped images?

I would also write an 'About' page

Hi Lisa,

I would give you the same advice about photographs that I gave to Dove, above.

Hope this is helpful!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.